Reviewed in Function baby! (No time for games)
Kane says: There are a lot of podcast catchers out there, but I like this one the best. Its my favorite for three reasons: 1) it has an easy user interface, but is still packed with features and settings - including a secret menu. 2) I listen to a lot of audiobooks and this app allows you to create a virtual podcast feed for audiobooks. That way you can use one app for both audiobooks and podcasts. And 3) it plays nicely with the media button of my headset.
technofiend: Extremely configurable, handles video blogs, comes with some nice default suggested podcasts and search function for new podcasts works great. Highly recommended.
Full featured Podcast Manager (podcatcher) and RSS feed reader * DISCOVER thousands of free audio and video shows from all over the world.
* PLAY your content everywhere - either online or offline.
* CUSTOMIZE your playlist to match your listening preferences.
This is a "Lite" version with 7 day full feature trial!
A separate TABLET version of BeyondPod is also available. It is specifically optimized for 7" and 10" tablets. See 'BeyondPod for Tablets' under 'More from developer' section or search the Google Play for 'BeyondPod for Tablets'.
* Sophisticated podcast download engine gives you complete control of how many podcasts to download and how long to keep the old versions. Downloads new content in the background, so you spend more time enjoying your feeds, and less time waiting on them.
* BeyondPod provides full control over what is being downloaded over your data connection. Update a single feed, feeds in a given category, or all feeds. Download a single podcast, the latest podcasts, or all podcasts for a given feed. Nothing happens without your knowledge. Podcast downloads can be scheduled to occur at a specific time, only when connected to WiFi, or only when the phone is charging. BeyondPod also offers an option to automatically (1) Turn WiFi on, (2) Update your feeds, (3) Turn WiFi back off.
* BeyondPod's integrated podcast player support variable playback speed and tracks what podcasts you have listened to. There is also a configurable TiVo style "commercial skip" that lets you easily skip over content that you are not interested in.
* BeyondPod's Smart Playlist automatically generates playlists based on your listening preferences. (For example: First play the 2 newest podcasts of feed A, Then play the oldest podcast of Feed B. etc.). If you follow multiple podcasts Smart Playlist is an excellent way to always listen to what you want.
* BeyondPod's Home Screen Widget gives you one-button access to your podcasts, SmartPlay, and SmartPlay updates directly from your phone's Home screen.
* Integration with Feedly allows you to easily import your Feedly subscriptions. BeyondPod will also synchronize the "Read" and "Starred" status of individual posts so you can read the same feed on both PC or Phone.
* Assign feeds to various categories (such as News, Sports, or Technology) for convenient filtering by topic.
* Use BeyondPod to discover new podcasts and RSS feeds. Search for feeds, import feeds from a variety of popular directories, Feedly, or from external OPML files.
* Import any local files (music, audio books, voice notes etc) and make them playable in BeyondPod audio/video player as if they were podcasts.
* BeyondPod supports Chromecast - cast your audio or video episodes to connected Chromecast devices directly from BeyondPod.
* Use the Sleep feature to automatically turn the podcast playback off after predetermined period of time.
* BeyondPod supports both wired and Bluetooth headsets.
Like to live on the cutting edge? Subscribe to our BETA channel on Google Play! (details at: http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA)