selsine: I wanted to mention Player FM. I'm a big podcast listener and I usually listen to each podcast that I subscribe to, but this is a problem if I subscribe to too many. What I like about this app is that it surfaces new podcasts that I can listen to without having to subscribe. I like being able to browse the current selection of Android podcasts without having to subscribe to all of them. Great for washing the dishes with your Nexus 7 near by.
The cloud-first podcast discovery app that "makes podcasts look cool again" in the words of GigaOM. Explore over 300 hand-picked mix-channels on specific topics (e.g. Cinema, Gadgets, Baseball, Learn English) or search for your favorite shows. Play right now or hit Play Later to store interesting episodes offline - like Pocket for podcasts! Now with Chromecast.
Your subscriptions sync across devices - no need to re-add them for each device, and great peace of mind for anyone who's ever left their phone in the back of a cab. Our servers fetch and mix, saving you bandwidth and precious battery life. Syncing tales seconds, not minutes. Offline access is child's play too, it "just works" by default.
Player FM's free forever with minimal permissions.
"Attractive UI...What this new app really brings to the table is the way it presents new content to podcast listeners"
- Android Central
"Searching for new podcasts was a breeze...surprised this app is free."
"Guides you to smart, interesting podcasts based on category, channel, or even specific topics"
• Stream or sync...your choice. It's simple to stream endlessly from online sources just like a radio (think Pandora or Stitcher), and we support syncing so you can play offline, anytime, with plenty of options (download limits, wifi-only, custom folder, etc). Playing is a breeze too - view progress of each show, resume where you left off, and hide completed episodes.
• Polished interface optimised for tablets as well as phones lets you swipe through shows like a magazine. And also a full-featured web app at http://player.fm. Search, browse, play, and manage your subscriptions from any browser.
• Search over 30,000 feeds and add more by URL. OPML works too, so you can import your subscriptions from iTunes, BeyondPod, PocketCasts, etc. It works the other way too - you can easily export to OPML and switch to another app.
• Topics go deep. There's not just a "TV" channel, but dozens of channels dedicated to "Mad Men", "Game of Thrones", etc. Not just "Tech" but "Android", "Gadgets", "Java", and more. Our experts organise sub-genres of sports, arts, technology, language-learning, etc. These aren't static catalogues, but *live* playable channels mixing episodes. Follow topics and individual series (from NPR, BBC, ABC, CBC, etc.)
• Browse full descriptions and share with other apps. See what's new and hit Play Later to keep any episode offline.
• Supports Android Share feature so you can send shows to friends and other apps.
• Dive into the full history of any series, not just your subscriptions; if it's in their feed, you can play it on Player FM.
• Play in the background and control via homescreen and lock-screen player widgets, pull-down notifications. Bluetooth too. * Mark All Played and multi-selection.
* Built-in speed control (in beta - try it in our G+ community at https://pioneers.player.fm)
• Always free! No ads, minimal permissions, star up to 50 topics, manage up to 20 subscriptions. Gain more subscriptions by inviting friends (http://player.fm/invites). We're trialling a Gold account with unlimited subscriptions and other benefits.
* Episode + Play Later sync
We love your feedback and respond quickly to every mail, so get in touch at email@example.com if you have any questions or suggestions! Or just to say hi (no really!).