Root Call Blocker is a powerful call, SMS and MMS blocker for root users. Stop bill collectors and text message spammers 100% of the time with our unique superuser-enabled call manager.
Unlike other call filters, RCB silently blocks calls and messages at a system level. You need not even know its working and can choose to be notified only if specific numbers are blocked. It doesn't need to be set it as a default messaging app to block SMS.
• Phone never rings and the screen never turns on
• In-call widgets to ignore/block calls on the fly
• Remotely manage lists with Google Contact Groups
• Block SMS without setting as default messaging app
• Native Tasker plugin
• Customize notifications with vibration, ringtone and LED colors
• Completely ignore spam calls and messages
• Import large lists of numbers from files, including CSV
• Block MMS and numbers containing letters
• Reject unknown, withheld, private and restricted numbers
• Keep blocked calls and messages private with password, dialer code or pattern
• Block area codes or countries using Wildcards
• Silent/hidden operating mode
• Cloud backup to Google Drive and Dropbox
• Google Groups integration
• SMS auto-replies
• Encrypted backups
Supported languages: English, Español, Português, Français, Italiano, Català, Deutsch, Suomi, Nederlands, Čeština, Svenska, Magyar, Polski, Român, Русский, Türkçe, 简体中文, 繁體字 and more. Some languages are incomplete. If you want to help with a translation, visit http://crowdin.net/project/root-call-blocker-pro to get started.
WARNING - APPLICATION REQUIRES SPECIAL ROOT/SUPERUSER ACCESS, visit our website for more information: http://fahrbot.co.uk/root
Only SuperSu is officially supported. Make sure SELinux is PERMISSIVE, as described, for example, here: http://goo.gl/0RUkEh
99% of "it stopped working" errors are caused by timed out root requests after auto-updates, to use this app together with auto-update in Play, you MUST disable re-authentication or click "remember" in your superuser app, or you will keep losing root and breaking daemon function.
WARNING - THIS APP DOESN'T BLOCK IP TRAFFIC - you cannot use it with WiFi or LTE calling enabled. So called "enhanced messaging" is also not supported.
Before communicating an issue always perform a clean install - UNINSTALL, REBOOT, INSTALL FROM PLAY, ENABLE DEBUGGING and test with one number WITHOUT RESTORING YOUR BACKUP DATA. Keep in mind that rebooting wipes the daemon log making many bug reports useless.
This app does not control your voicemail service. If your blocked calls are being sent to voice mail, try another blocking method or use Google Voice. You can simulate a disconnected message by forwarding busy calls to a number that doesn't exist.
You can simulate a disconnected message by forwarding busy calls to a number that doesn't exist like this:
1. Create a list. Set this list to use "Reject" as the blocking method.
2. Go to your phone app settings, there is usually an advanced subsection. Inside you will find call forwarding.
3. Click "forward when busy" and input a number that you know is currently disconnected (perhaps an old number of yours) or just one that's not in use.
The downside is that the standard drop call swipe will now also redirect to this dead number.
OUTGOING CALL permissions are needed for hidden mode, using the phone's dialer to enter a password.
ACCOUNTS are needed for Google Contact Groups and Backup.
SEND SMS needed for auto replies.
INTERNET ACCESS is for licensing and the "Send report" tool.
LOG DATA only sent with your permission via the "Write to us" menu item in Settings.