Reviewed in Bob's bored
Yeah, handy for recording TV if away from home and your friend says you must see floppy bottom in some program you thought looked rubbish but you want to see what they are on about, and maybe you could be missing a gem, only if you have a youview box at home though, crap if you haven't.
The YouView App gives you greater control of YouView while out and about. From the palm of your hand you can scroll through the interactive TV guide that lists over 70 digital TV and radio channels and gives full programme information for the next seven days. And never miss your favourite shows again with the YouView reminder and record functions allowing you to set programmes to record on a YouView+ box from pretty much anywhere in the world. Features:
• TV GUIDE: Your comprehensive listing of everything that is and will be on, stretching seven days into the future. Available programmes can be launched on demand* direct from your YouView app
• NOW AND NEXT: See which programmes are on Now and Next across all channels
• SEARCH: Seek and you shall find with our simple, speedy search for programmes and channels
• TV CATEGORIES: Get straight to what you want by browsing TV and radio programmes by genre
• PROGRAMME INFORMATION: Get more information on a programme and see which episodes are available to watch on demand
• REMOTE RECORD: Record programmes or series to watch later with your YouView app. Ready to watch when you get home from your busy day
• BOOKINGS LIST: Check the status of your remote record requests
• REMINDERS: Set yourself a programme reminder so you never miss your favourite show again
• CONNECT MULTIPLE DEVICES: Connect up to 5 devices with your YouView+ box so you and your family can use the YouView remote record service
*Selected programmes from the previous and next 7 days will be available to watch on demand
Mobile Devices: The YouView App for Android can be downloaded on most Android 2.3+ devices and has been optimised for the following smartphones:
Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S4, Google Nexus 7 (2012), Samsung Galaxy S2, and Samsung Galaxy Ace
The YouView App can be connected to YouView+ set-top boxes with recording capabilities, available subscription free from retailers or offered as part of a subscription from BT and TalkTalk.
Connecting the app to your YouView+ box:
• Download the app to your smart phone or tablet from Google Play
• Make sure your TV and YouView set-top box are switched on, and your smart phone or tablet is connected to the same network
• Press ‘Connect’ and your app will search for your YouView box
• When your YouView box is found simply hit ‘Next’. If you have multiple YouView boxes, follow the instruction on screen to select the box you want to connect to
• Pick up your remote control, confirm the connection and look at the app highlights while you wait to be connected.
That’s it – device and box should become best of friends.
Once the app is connected successfully, you will then be able to view the TV Guide and set recordings on your YouView+ box.
Remote recording requests should be set at least 15 minutes before the programme starts.
Please note your selected programme will be recorded if it does not clash with other recordings, and you have space available on your YouView+ box.
The YouView App is free, but mobile network and/or Wi-Fi charges may apply.
Use of the app is subject to our Application Terms and Conditions, which can be found at http://youview.com/terms-conditions/mobileapp/. Please read these before using the app.
For more information visit: http://youview.com/mobileapp