Widgets you can wear. Put virtually any homescreen widget from your phone onto your smartwatch or Google Glass™. Supports Android Wear and Sony SmartWatch 1 & 2; Samsung Gear (Tizen) is currently supported only if you install from Samsung Galaxy Apps. PLEASE NOTE: You MUST have one of these devices (Glass or a supported smartwatch) to use this app!
This is early software and we're still actively ironing out bugs as they emerge.
Known Issues as of 21 July 2014
• On the Tizen-based Gear 2, our app doesn't yet support using a widget as a custom clock face. This is high on our to-do list, but it's just not ready yet.
• The head tilt gesture (aka "nudge-to-sleep") on Glass doesn't work while a widget is active.
Wearable Widgets creates a bridge from your phone to your wearable device for the thousands of widgets available on Android. You don't need to wait for developers to support smartwatches or Glass; get your apps on your wearable now, in a format that the developer has already designed for a small screen.
Now, Please Adjust Your Expectations
• This free app supports unlimited usage of one widget at a time. Multiple widget support is available as a small in-app purchase: please confirm that your favorite widgets are compatible with your wearable device before buying.
• Some widgets lend themselves better than others to the screen size on wearable devices - it's unavoidable that not every widget works well on every device. Please use common sense.
• There are also some known compatibility issues with specific widgets. If you're having trouble with one, you can find more info at http://wearablewidgets.com/widgets.html
• You’ll find that taps and swipes on your wearable device aren't quite as nifty as when you interact directly with your phone - there’s a bit of lag in the connection between your wearable and your phone, and there may be no way around that.
• If you do have any difficulties, please email us, or stop by our community on Google+: http://goo.gl/dbZ1d0. Please do not just leave a complaint as a comment here: this is an app store, not a support forum.
Using with Android Wear
With your Wear device paired to your phone, just install and run this app, and select a widget or two. Then say to your watch, "Ok Google, start widgets!" (If you prefer, you can also find Wearable Widgets in the touch menu of the watch, in the "Start…" app list.)
To use a widget as a watch face, please see the instructions at http://wearablewidgets.com/wear/#watchface. And be aware that a widget coming from your phone will always use more battery than a face running solely on your watch.
Using with Sony SmartWatch 1 and 2
You’ll need Sony's Smart Connect app (http://goo.gl/4JDnN) installed and configured on your phone, but you probably already have that. So, just run Wearable Widgets, and select a widget from the list that pops up. To see it on your wrist, simply tap our “W” icon on the watch's home screen, and voila!
Using with Google Glass
To show widgets on Glass, you’ll need this app installed on your phone, plus a small second app on Glass. You can find the Glassware download link (plus more instructions) at our website, http://widgets.glass. Run the phone app once to set up your widget, then just say, "OK Glass… Show widgets".
Widget images are used with the permissions of their respective developers.
Portions of the screenshots are reproduced from work created and shared by the Android Open Source Project and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 2.5 Attribution License.
Smart Connect extension for SmartWatch 2
LiveWare™ extension for SmartWatch