*** In-app purchase of $2.99 gives you Chromecast support, casting to UPnP/DLNA enabled devices, access to Dropbox, support for themes and removes all ads *** As of 10/21/2014, an update was pushed out to the receiver app correcting the first-time connect issue. Please reboot your Chromecast for the latest receiver app.
The missing Chromecast icon issue has been addressed in the 7.1.31833 version. Please, update Avia Media Player to the latest version.
If the Chromecast icon is still missing, troubleshoot suggestions are below :
- Reboot WiFi router (optional: change WiFi channel), reset factory settings on Chromecast, rename Chromecast and re-install Avia.
- Updated user interface with simpler navigation and smoother response
- Improved stability and support for the latest Google Chromecast software
- Subtitle support while casting (Note: This feature requires separate subtitle files)
- Resize subtitles during Chromecast playback
- Full playback control from your phone or tablet
- Music album artwork and artist images displayed on your TV
- Save animated gifs from the web and cast them with Avia
- Support for devices running Android Version 4.0.3/4.0.4
And of course, Avia still allows you to: Share your photos, videos and music on these devices: Chromecast / Xbox 360 / Xbox One / Google TV / PC / Mac
Play and manage media stored on your Android device, in the cloud or from these devices: Facebook / Dropbox / Google+ Photos (Picasa) / Network Attached Storage (NAS) / Windows Media Player (WMP) / XBMC / Serviio / Plex / Subsonic / PC / Mac / Other Android Devices
Finally, here are a few pieces of advice to get the most out of Avia:
- Make sure your Android device and device you want to cast to, e.g. Chromecast, are using the same Wi-Fi network
- Some users only see the Avia logo when casting to Chromecast. Changing the Wi-Fi channel on your router to anything other than its current setting solves this problem
- When using Avia to access media from other devices, they must have UPnP/DLNA serving enabled.
- When casting from Avia, files MUST be compatible with the receiving device. Many devices have fewer compatible codecs than a home computer. Please review your media formats with the specifications of your devices before attempting to cast. (Example: Chromecast is not compatible with .AVI files) Please see the video conversion guide at aviatheapp.com/support
If you have questions, comments or feedback, please check out our support page at http://aviatheapp.com/support/
For issues related to Chromecast, please visit the Chromecast support page at https://support.google.com/chromecast/
To join beta testing group, please send us a membership request at: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/avia-beta-testers