Reviewed in Games with Depth
Also a perfect example of what the mobile plattform can do. This is as far from Flappybird as you can get. Here you have a fully featured PC game with hours upon hours of content. This is a true 1:1 port of the Pc version. This version contains both Enemy unknown and the expansion Enemy within. The main premise is that you are the commander of the Xcom initiative, a multinational taskforce that deals with alien incursions. You deal with both maintaining your base, researching and building weapons, cutting up alien nasties to learn more about them and of course train your soldiers. You then lead your team of soldiers on missions to infiltrate landed Ufos, shot down UFOs(by your planes), to prevent alien abductions and more. However you must often choose where to go and which county to help, leading to increased panic in the countries you dont help, if you dont balance this you will loose funding and support from these countries. The combat is turnbased, with several factors such as cover, elevation, stance and many other affecting your chances for success. It is usually deeply satisfying when your strategy works, and painfully obvious when it doesnt, however it seldom feels unfair, its more a question of being mad at yourself for doing something stupid. After a couple of missions you will understand the structure better and what not to do, however the game will keep you on your toes all the way through. All in all a really great game that works perfect on tablets. Unfortunately 2K doesnt seem to be interested in selling it to Nvidia Shield users, having listed it as incompatible. However this is fixable if you sideload the game with another device and use GLtools. More info here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/791979/shield-tablet/xcom-enemy-within-how-to-get-it-working-on-nvidia-shield-tablet/1/
Get our Google Play Year-End Deal: XCOM: Enemy Within now 70% Off!!! XCOM®: Enemy Within is a standalone expansion to the 2012 strategy game of the year XCOM®: Enemy Unknown and it's now available on GooglePlay devices! Enemy Within features the core gameplay of Enemy Unknown plus more exciting content. Check out the new soldiers, abilities, enemies, maps, missions, and multiplayer mode for the fresh new strategy gaming experience!
• New Soldier Abilities: Research a new alien technology to advance the capabilities of your operatives. New technology includes genetic modifications of soldiers and mechanized cybersuits.
• New Weapons and Equipment: Give your operatives an extra tactical edge with new projects from your engineering team and the Foundry.
• New Enemy Threats: Adopt new tactics to counter the threats from two new alien types and a deadly new organization known as EXALT.
• New Strategic Resource: A valuable new alien resource, known as Meld, has been discovered. Secure it on the battlefield and use it carefully back at base to unlock new research and upgrades.
• New Story Elements: Investigate a terrifying threat in an abandoned fishing village, and defend the XCOM headquarters from alien attack in a series of new plat-driven missions.
• New Multiplayer maps, units, and abilities: Create your custom squad from a wider array of options and dominate your opponent in intense, one-on-one, turn-based matches.
NOTE: XCOM: Enemy Within is a graphically rich game with advanced features. To OPTIMIZE your playing experience, you may want to turn off other apps before playing.
The content of this videogame is fictional and is not intended to represent or depict an actual record of the events, persons, locations, or entities in the game’s setting. The makers and publishers of this videogame do not in any way endorse, condone or encourage engaging in any conduct depicted in this videogame.
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/xcom
Follow us on Twitter: @2kgames
For more great games visit: http://www.2kgames.com/mobile/
18+ "запрещено для детей" for Russia
Terms of Service: http://www.take2games.com/legal/
End User License Agreement: http://www.take2games.com/eula/index.html