balducien - An obligatory app for any cyclist or runner. It gives you detailed data to analyse and you can compare yourself with other local athletes on "segments" (stretches of road where it measures how fast you are and puts it onto a leaderboard). There are third party tools and websites like a heatmap with all your activities or a website with even more detailed data to look at. Don't forget to do a casual ride without the app every now and then.
Millions of runners and cyclists use Strava to record their activities, compare performance over time, compete with their community, and share the photos, stories and highlights of their activities with friends. Track Your Runs and Rides for Free
• Activity Tracking: During and after activity, get key stats like distance, pace, speed, elevation gained and calories burned, as well as an interactive map of your activity
• Personal Challenge: Participate in monthly Challenges designed to push you further
• Segments: Runs and rides can get long -- see how you fared on sub-sections of your activity with Strava Segments
Connect with Friends and Fellow Athletes
• Social Training: Follow friends, training buddies and pros to view each other’s activities and encourage them with kudos and comments
• Activity Photos: Showcase the best moments of your run or ride
• Friendly Competition: Dig deep and shoot for a top time on segment leaderboards
• Strava on Social: Share activity details on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Pair Your Favorite Technology
• Device Friendly: Strava works with almost all GPS running watches, cycling computers and activity trackers
• Heart Rate: Train with a heart rate monitor for additional performance data
Additional web-only features, including route building, clubs and group activities, are available to all Strava athletes at www.strava.com .
Passionate Athletes: Go Premium
• Train for peak performance with personalized coaching
• Get unrivaled live performance feedback during your activity
• Geek out with exclusive and detailed analysis after every activity
These Premium features are available through in-app purchasing.
NOTE ON GPS SUPPORT:
Strava depends on GPS for recording activities. In some devices, the GPS does not work properly and Strava will not record effectively. If your Strava recordings show poor location estimation behavior, please try to update the operating system to the most recent version. There are some devices which have consistently poor performance with no known remedies. On these devices we restrict installation of Strava, for example the Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 and the Galaxy Express 2 . See our support site for more information: https://strava.zendesk.com/entries/27141334-Does-Strava-4-x-run-on-my-Android-device-