Reviewed in Awesome Android apps - daily updates
free Android mobile device application that provides users with access to online translators and dictionaries. This product makes it easier for users to search for their requests from online services such as Wordnet, Wikipedia, and StarDict. The “text-to-speech” feature is useful for changing the pronunciation of certain words.
Reviewed in TT&T(Try,test and tell)
Here's my story.. I have been looking for a dictionary which consumed less memory, for I have tried wordweb and merriam webster previously,occupying 81 mb and 110 mb. And then i came across this.I will tell you the plus points: - size only 18 mb(according to my phone) - works offline,you can check the word meaning and its synonyms -when online,it also showsthe wikipedia entries according to your query(so when online it also acts asa wikipedia client) -best of all, it can be easily integrated with most of the ebook readers(check my review on moon reader!)
Reviewed in Some great apps you may not know. Yet.
Easy to use offline dictionary which supports stardict, wordnet dictionary files, also wikipedia (not all languages). Searched word translations are neatly showed from all your offline dictionaries in one page so no need to switch between different vocabularies. Ability to select word from given translation so you can look further. Doesn't have function to choose from which to which language you want to search (only to disable the ones you don't need at the moment)
Universal Dictionary Color Dict.
Search a word in Wikipedia, Wordnet and StarDict, It's the best all-in-one dictionary on the market • Fast search in online & offline dictionaries at once
• Download free dictionaries on market & internet.
• Long click to share search result
• Long click for word jump feature.
• Supports Quick Search Box
• Supports ColorNote App - ColorNote dictionary integration
• Supports StarDict compatible dictionaries
• Supports Wordnet dictionary
• Words suggestion
• Saves search history
• Change color of dictionary
• Select a word in a result
• Send a result to other apps
• Voice recognition
• Use Volume Key to move between result
E-Book Readers that integrated with ColorDict
• FBReader, Moon+ Reader, Cool Reader, ezPDF Reader
• Download a file to your PC
• Copy compressed file(tar.bz2, *.tar.gz, *.zip) to sdcard /dictdata directory
• Dict - Menu - Direct Download - Enter URL
Supported offline dictionaries : (Download Add-On)
• English Wordnet offline dictionary (included)
• English thesaurus offline dictionary (included)
• English <-> Japanese offline dictionary (stardict)
• English <-> Chinese offline dictionary (stardict)
• English <-> German offline dictionary (stardict)
• English <-> Spanish offline dictionary (stardict)
• Bible offline dictionary (stardict)
• Wikipedia encyclopedia (included)
• Wikipedia online encyclopedia
• Supports Dictionary API for 3rd party developer