Reviewed in Awesome Android apps - daily updates
free Android mobile device application that provides users with access to online translators and dictionaries. This product makes it easier for users to search for their requests from online services such as Wordnet, Wikipedia, and StarDict. The “text-to-speech” feature is useful for changing the pronunciation of certain words.
Reviewed in Some great apps you may not know. Yet.
Easy to use offline dictionary which supports stardict, wordnet dictionary files, also wikipedia (not all languages). Searched word translations are neatly showed from all your offline dictionaries in one page so no need to switch between different vocabularies. Ability to select word from given translation so you can look further. Doesn't have function to choose from which to which language you want to search (only to disable the ones you don't need at the moment)
Reviewed in TT&T(Try,test and tell)
Here's my story.. I have been looking for a dictionary which consumed less memory, for I have tried wordweb and merriam webster previously,occupying 81 mb and 110 mb. And then i came across this.I will tell you the plus points: - size only 18 mb(according to my phone) - works offline,you can check the word meaning and its synonyms -when online,it also showsthe wikipedia entries according to your query(so when online it also acts asa wikipedia client) -best of all, it can be easily integrated with most of the ebook readers(check my review on moon reader!)
Search for a word in Wikipedia, Wordnet and StarDict. It's the best all-in-one dictionary in the market.
• A quick search multiple online & offline dictionaries at once
• Download free dictionaries such as StarDict-compatible dictionaries from the market and internet Features
• Quick Search Box
• Long-click to share search results: Send results to other apps
• Word jump: Click a word to go to search results for that word
• Word suggestion: See auto-completions for partially entered words.
• Search history
• Customize color of dictionary
• Voice recognition
• Supports ColorNote App: ColorNote dictionary integration
• Supports E-book Reader integration
Supported offline dictionaries:
• English Wordnet offline dictionary (included)
• English thesaurus offline dictionary (included)
• English <-> Japanese StarDict offline dictionary (Download Add-On)
• English <-> Chinese StarDict offline dictionary (Download Add-On)
• English <-> German StarDict offline dictionary (Download Add-On)
• English <-> Spanish StarDict offline dictionary (Download Add-On)
• Bible offline dictionary (stardict)
Supported online dictionary
• Wikipedia encyclopedia (included)
How to download StarDict dictionary from the internet.
• Download the file to your PC
• Copy compressed file (tar.bz2, *.tar.gz, *.zip) to sdcard /dictdata directory
• Dict - Menu - Direct Download - Enter URL
E-Book Readers integrated with ColorDict
• FBReader, Moon+ Reader, Cool Reader, ezPDF Reader
• Supports Dictionary API for third-party developers