Reviewed in Top Shopping and Saving Apps
Have a coupon you couldn't find on RetailMeNot or Shopular, check out SnipSnap. You can take a photo of your coupon and have it with you right on your phone! But not only that but you can collect coupons other people have taken pictures of too! I have not gotten a chance to use these coupons in stores so I don't know if they always work, but I think it's worth a try. I have used shopular and retail me not coupons and it's the same idea.
Toss out the scissors and let your Android camera do the clipping. Simply snap a picture of any printed offer, and SnipSnap magically converts all the text, images and barcodes into a mobile-optimized offer, which you can redeem off your screen. Gather up all the coupons you have lying around. Whether they're from the Sunday paper, the mail, or just ones you found buried in your purse or couch, SnipSnap will mobilize them in a matter of minutes. When you get to a store, pull up the coupon barcode, promo code, or photograph and present to the cashier to redeem.
Don't have any coupons handy to scan? Use the Discover screen of the app to see what coupons your friends and family have snipped. You can also snip from or follow our featured coupon bundles, and search our massive database of coupons to find one on demand. Best of all: We'll remind you when you enter a store you have coupons saved for, or when a coupon expiration date is nearing. Aw, snap!
• IN-STORE REMINDERS: When you enter a store, SnipSnap delivers a push notification to remind you what coupons you have saved there.
• SCANS ALL COUPONS: Whether you get coupons from the newspaper, mail, magazines or elsewhere, you can import all of them into the app.
• FOLLOW FRIENDS: Connect to friends from your address book, Facebook, or Twitter accounts. Option to share your couponing activity to Facebook.
• EXPIRATION DATE ALERTS: Get notified when your coupons' expiration dates are approaching.
• STORE SUCCESS RATING: See how successful other users have been in redeeming at your favorite stores.
LOCATION REPORTING: SnipSnap gives you the option to be notified about coupons based on your location. This feature uses a method for reporting location changes in the background. Note that this is only invoked and reported upon a significant location change event -- e.g. moving between two cell towers. As a result it does not typically cause the battery to be drained (unless you are, say, driving all day in the car). Location reporting can be easily disabled via the "Location Notifications" toggle in the Settings screen.
** Works at most retail, restaurant and local businesses. Manufacturer coupons (redeemed at grocery stores) are not supported. **