Features: * Two player simultaneous 'cocktail' play mode.
* Achievements and leaderboards.
* Classic 60hz retro arcade game action with addictive gameplay.
* Three levels of difficulty: Novice, Arcade, and Insane!
* Emergency hyperspace button!
* Two different control methods individually selectable per player.
* Keyboard support (cursors, X - fire, Y - hyperspace).
Warning: This is a strangely addictive game retro classic-style arcade game for one or two players!
It has freaky style classical music - be prepared to have it's tune fixed inside your head.
This game starts off slowly, but by wave 4 the game is frantic, lots of chaotic action that keeps you on your toes.
Inspired by multiple classic arcade games, the basic idea is to stop multiple waves of enemy bacteria from snatching away your last few remaining cells that are located in the center of the screen. However, there are also some bacteria who are intent on destroying you - so you must destroy them first. If you succeed in lasting 60 seconds then you will be rewarded with a further cell to protect on the next wave, and so on...
Two player simultaneous action: Bacteria™ Arcade Edition also features a two-player ‘cocktail’ mode, played like a retro cocktail table arcade game in which two players face each other and cooperate to save the cells and defeat the invading bacteria.