Reviewed in The best Apps and Games - Daily Update
This allows you to look the entire contents of your smartphone via the Internet on your computer! You can also search the smartphone in this way, play music, watch pictures/videos, send SMS, install apps, and much more! This is a Must-Have for every smartphone-owner!
Reviewed in Wishlist for Built-In OS Features
Mobile Management on Desktop: What Nokia (PC / Ovi) Suite could do for older Symbian-running Nokia phones, this app and its Web-Browser-based companion can do for Android-running mobiles. Access the mobile's filesystem, send & receive messages, copy notifications from the mobile, and much more. You just need both the desktop/laptop PC and the mobile on the same local network.
Reviewed in Apps for life
This is the fast way to connect your phone to your computer wirelessly, simply go to Web.AirDroid.Com and scan a barcode given, puff! Your phone Is now connected. From here you can transfer files, image, movie, practically anything. It Even packed with security feature for when you lost your device, like locate it, silently take a picture, lock ur phone, or remote wipe.
Manage your Android devices on the web, all over the air.
- No USB cable required.
- No driver installation required.
- Same WiFi network or Internet.
- Pure web app, works on Windows, Mac, Chromebook and Linux. Simply install AirDroid on your Android and you’ll be able to enjoy the following features on your computer at web.airdroid.com:
- SMS: send and receive individual or group messages.
- Apps: Import and export .apk files.
- Files: Manage files on Android and transferring files between Android and computer.
- Photos: View and manage photos on Android and transferring photos between Android and computer.
- Music & Videos: Play and manage music & videos on Android and transferring them between Android and computer.
- Ringtones: Set music as ringtone and export any ringtone.
- Contacts: View and edit all the contacts.
- Screenshot: View the real time screen of Android devices, take static screenshots. (root required)
- Camera: See through the lens of both front and back camera, also supports flashlight.
- URL: Push url to Android and open automatically open it with Android browser.
- Clipboard: Share clipboard content between Android and computer.
There are also some very useful features on the Android client, including WiFi tethering, file manager, task manager, etc.
- One less cable.
You should be able to connect different devices wirelessly, without the hassles of USB cables.
- One less screen.
You should be able to work or play with one screen, without being distracted by other screens.
- One less worry.
You should be able to locate your Android devices any time, any where, and wipe all personal data if it's lost.
- PCWorld: “This app allows you to take complete control of your Android device via your computer's Web browser.”
- Gizmodo: “I'm sending text SMS messages from my Android phone via my browser. I can't stress how great that is.”
- Lifehacker: “It's a remarkably comprehensive app, operates securely, and is a free download.”
- Android Police: “It's all the little things, the things that make AirDroid a joy to use, which make it the app of the year.”
Help,feedback and news:
Help Center: http://help.airdroid.com/
Thanks to our enthusiastic users around the world, AirDroid is speaking and learning new languages everyday: https://crowdin.net/project/airdroid