Reviewed in Wishlist for Built-In OS Features
Unobtrusive Chatheads-like Interface for Phone Calls: I keep installing and uninstalling this app every other week out of frustration with its inconsistency. But, I always return to it because it is very useful, and I blame only my mobile's crap memory management for the app's inconsistency. The app pops up a circular button with a contact picture, whenever there is an incoming call, over whatever app is currently open - like what Facebook Messenger does whenever there is a new message. The popout can be dragged to circles for various options to act upon the call, though it can't be moved about the screen freely like Facebook Messenger's chatheads. It can also be set to silence the ringer when the popout is touched.
Reviewed in Awesome Android apps - daily updates
Basically, it’s an app that keeps you at whatever app you have open and turns any incoming call into a floating icon.Of course, if the person calling is in your contacts, you’ll get their photo photo. This way, you can quickly mute and dismiss the call, answer it or hang up without leaving the screen you were working on.
Reviewed in Selig's choice of work horses
If you use your Android for some serious work, you most certainly have encountered this situation hundreds of times: while doing something meaningful, someone really meaningless calls you and interrupts your workflow as the "incoming-caller-is-trying-to-annoy-you"-screen is coming up. Call PopOut comes to the rescue, announcing incoming calls by much less obtrusive bubbles (similar to how Facebook Messenger does). Essential to your (or at least: MY) peace of mind.
Reviewed in AntTek
Great! This app is great! I don't constantly make or receive phone calls, but when I do, it's nice to not have it popping up and taking over my whole screen. This app accomplishes a minimal, yet effective call answering system and I will continue to support it. Thanks, devs!
Call PopOut - a multitasking way to handle incoming calls while stay on your current apps. - Call Popout Turns Incoming Calls into “Chat Heads” (Life Hacker)
- Use Call PopOut to make incoming calls less distracting on Android (CNET)
- Call PopOut for Android is like Facebook Chat Heads for phone calls (The Next Web)
- Handle Calls without Interruption with Call Popout (XDA Developer)
- Call Popout Shows Floating Popups For Calls Within Select Android Apps (AddictiveTips)
An incoming call sometime interrupt us while we are playing a game, reading Flipboard, surfing web. This nature of Android phone disturbs us and cost you time, concentration, feeling.
Call Popout is designed to fill the gap. It shows incoming calls as a small photo with caller name/number. You can touch on photo in order to response to the call (reject, accept, mute and hide, back to phone app, toggle speaker mode)
This app is best for:
- Playing games
- Reading news paper, book
- Surfing web
- Watching video (YouTube, TV shows)
- 3 operation mode: All apps, App list, off.
- Full call control: reject, accept, mute, toggle speaker, end call
- Customize head size, head alignment, silent on touch
- Light weight app (<500kb)
- All apps: shows Call Popout anytime.
- App List: shows Call Popout on a selected apps (recommended. Enable this mode and put your favorite games, reader apps, youtube, etc. into app list).
- Off: disables call popout
Caution: This app does not work on certain devices.
Confirmed working on
- Most of Samsung devices
- Most of HTC devices
- Most of Lenovo devices
- Most of Sony devices
- MIUI ROM: follow this guide - http://anttek.com/forum/discussion/comment/52/#Comment_52
- If this app does not work, please convert this app to system app in order to bypass telephony restriction.
Confirmed not working on
- Pantech Breakout
- Pantech Sky
- HTC One: answer calls does not work
Checkout complete list here: http://goo.gl/Fmgdlh
Fill a report on working or not: http://goo.gl/ZtRXFN
XDA discussion thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=46609232
#call pop out, call popup, call head, small call, small head, smart call