Reviewed in Form+Function
Don't you hate it when someone calls you in the middle of a game? Stop interrupting, real life! Call PopOut is a nifty app which bypasses the disruptive call screen, instead displaying a little contact circle you can drag around to accept, reject, or mute the call. Love it.
Reviewed in Selig's choice of System tools
[no root required] Call PopOut is a new entry on my list of favourite apps. For some reason, ALWAYS when I do something on my phone, someone rings and interrupts what I was doing. Anytime. Call PopOut comes to the rescue by announcing callers through small bubbles, instead of those full-screen annoyances.
Reviewed in Awesome Android apps - daily updates
Basically, it’s an app that keeps you at whatever app you have open and turns any incoming call into a floating icon.Of course, if the person calling is in your contacts, you’ll get their photo photo. This way, you can quickly mute and dismiss the call, answer it or hang up without leaving the screen you were working on.
Reviewed in AntTek
Great! This app is great! I don't constantly make or receive phone calls, but when I do, it's nice to not have it popping up and taking over my whole screen. This app accomplishes a minimal, yet effective call answering system and I will continue to support it. Thanks, devs!
Call PopOut - a multitasking way to handle incoming calls while stay on your current apps. - Call Popout Turns Incoming Calls into “Chat Heads” (Life Hacker)
- Use Call PopOut to make incoming calls less distracting on Android (CNET)
- Call PopOut for Android is like Facebook Chat Heads for phone calls (The Next Web)
- Handle Calls without Interruption with Call Popout (XDA Developer)
- Call Popout Shows Floating Popups For Calls Within Select Android Apps (AddictiveTips)
An incoming call sometime interrupt us while we are playing a game, reading Flipboard, surfing web. This nature of Android phone disturbs us and cost you time, concentration, feeling.
Call Popout is designed to fill the gap. It shows incoming calls as a small photo with caller name/number. You can touch on photo in order to response to the call (reject, accept, mute and hide, back to phone app, toggle speaker mode)
This app is best for:
- Playing games
- Reading news paper, book
- Surfing web
- Watching video (YouTube, TV shows)
- 3 operation mode: All apps, App list, off.
- Full call control: reject, accept, mute, toggle speaker, end call
- Customize head size, head alignment, silent on touch
- Light weight app (<500kb)
- All apps: shows Call Popout anytime.
- App List: shows Call Popout on a selected apps (recommended. Enable this mode and put your favorite games, reader apps, youtube, etc. into app list).
- Off: disables call popout
Caution: This app does not work on certain devices.
Confirmed working on
- Most of Samsung devices
- Most of HTC devices
- Most of Lenovo devices
- Most of Sony devices
- MIUI ROM: follow this guide - http://anttek.com/forum/discussion/comment/52/#Comment_52
- If this app does not work, please convert this app to system app in order to bypass telephony restriction.
Confirmed not working on
- Pantech Breakout
- Pantech Sky
- HTC One: answer calls does not work
Checkout complete list here: http://goo.gl/Fmgdlh
Fill a report on working or not: http://goo.gl/ZtRXFN
XDA discussion thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=46609232
#call pop out, call popup, call head, small call, small head, smart call