Reviewed in Fantasy and Dark Fantasy
A turn based PVP battle game that plays like a strategic CCG where you get a "hand" of heroes, items, and magic each turn, and a limited number of actions. My only complaint is that you have to wait for your opponent to make his move each turn, and there is no story mode where you battle the AI.
★ Mobile Game of the Year winner (2013 D.I.C.E. Awards) and nominated for Best Handheld/Mobile Game (2013 Game Developer’s Choice Awards)! ★ "Bite size strategy you can't put down" - Touch Arcade, 4.5 Stars
★ "It's a ridiculous amount of fun" - 148Apps, 5 Stars; Editor’s Choice
★ "What’s important is that you download this ridiculously free app for your [mobile] device immediately" - Penny Arcade
★ "The game looks great, and the diverse amount of units allow for some really creative play." - Nine Over Ten, 5 Stars
Test your skills in this lighthearted battle between friends -- from the makers of Age of Empires and Halo Wars!
Heroic teams have gathered to engage in friendly contests on the Academy playfields. Will your team emerge triumphant?
Enter a world of swords and magic, and challenge friends old and new to a contest of tactics and skill. From the human Council to the mysterious Dark Elves, every team needs a fearless captain to lead them to victory. Only those that leverage their team’s strengths and capitalize on their opponent’s weaknesses will protect their crystal and win the day. The Academy extends a warm welcome to all – whether they’re already heroes, or simply heroes in training!
• Highly accessible turn-based gameplay
• Easy to learn – jump right in and play!
• Play with friends or random opponents
• Colorful light-hearted graphics and sound
• Random playfields keeps battles fresh!
• Get started with the free Council team
• Expand your roster with additional teams!
• Customize your team
• Challenge your Facebook friends!
• Invite your Twitter followers to play!
• Chat with your opponents in-game
• Push notifications alert you to your turns
Follow us on Twitter @HeroAcademy, and visit our Facebook page at HeroAcademyApp!