The Sprint Direct Connect Now app brings Sprint® Direct Connect® push-to-talk (PTT) communications to select Android powered smartphones. The Sprint Direct Connect Now app enables push-to-talk communications with Sprint Direct Connect devices including best-in-class features such as 1-to-1 calling and group calling all with the convenience of touchscreen controls. Simply download the app and sign up for Sprint Direct Connect service which is included for no additional charge on many service plans or available for an additional $5 per month for other plans (excludes Sprint Surcharges and taxes).
Note: At this time the application does not support International Direct Connect calls to Nextel International customers.
Setting up your device:
1. Verify your phone software is up to date. Settings > System Update > Update Software (See compatible phones section below for version numbers)
2. Download the Sprint Direct Connect Now app from Google Play.
Signing up for Service:
3. Sign in to your account at sprint.com.
4. Select “Change my services” from the “Manage this device” drop down menu on the “My account” Tab.
5. Select Unlimited Direct Connect and Group Connect under Push-to-Talk add-ons.
Please be aware that it may take a few hours before you can use Sprint Direct Connect. Please dial *2 to call customer care if you need assistance.
• Sprint Direct Connect on 4G LTE
• 1-to-1 Direct Connect Calls
• Group Connect Calls up to 21 participants - Press and hold contacts from all contacts and favorites list to create on the fly group calls
• TeamDC Closed group calling - Please download "TeamDC client for SDC" app for this functionality
• Send Call Alerts to notify others you want to talk without interrupting
• Synchronizes contacts with your devices address book
• Create favorites for your most contacted Direct Connect contacts
Compatible Phones & Software:
• HTC One - M8 (SW: 1.12.651.17)
• HTC One - M8 Harman Kardon (SW: 1.54.654.13)
• HTC One Max (SW: 2.09.651.1)
• Kyocera Hydro Edge (SW: 1.010SP)
• Kyocera Hydro VIBE (SW: 1.003SP)
• LG G2 (SW: ZVA or ZVC)
• LG Optimus F3 (SW: ZV6)
• LG G Flex (SW: ZV3)
• Samsung Galaxy S® 4 (SW: MK2 or NAE)
• Samsung Galaxy S® 4 with Sprint Spark (SW: NAF or NC6)
• Samsung Galaxy Note® 3 (SW: MJ4 or NAB or NC5)
• Samsung Galaxy S® 4 Mini (SW: NA7)
• Samsung Galaxy Mega (SW: NA7)
• Samsung Galaxy S® 5 (SW: NCB or ND2)
• LG G3
• Samsung Galaxy S® 5 Sport
See sprint.com for currently available devices.
• To take full advantage of expanded Sprint Direct Connect coverage, please go to your phone’s roaming settings and enable domestic data roaming.
• Location services will need to be turned on in your phones settings to use Sprint Direct Connect.
• If your device supports Wi-Fi Voice Calling you cannot use Wi-Fi Calling and Sprint Direct Connect Now at the same time.
keywords: sprint direct connect, sprint direct connect now, direct connect, push-to-talk, walkie talkie, push to talk, nextel, sprint, ptt, two-way radio, group connect, alert, direct connect now, qchat, sdc now, sdc, dc.