Reviewed in Form+Function
My home button is wonky, so this app, which has been around for quite a while, is pretty handy. Using the proximity sensor, the app turns your screen off and on accordingly. It's pretty sweet, except sometimes I accidentally activate it while playing A Link to the Past on my emulator, which could be pesky. But not as pesky as that crazy worm boss.
Reviewed in Apps you wont uninstall
It uses gravity sensors of the phone to automatically turn screen on and off. It uses the usual angles on which our phones lie in our pockets and on tables so that it can automatically turn screen off. Also it records hand movements to keep screen on when you are using your phone..
Reviewed in Android App Report
Trying to avoid pressing the power on button too often to wake the display? Get this app. It uses so many sensors to achieve this under any situation and gladly you can disable any of its features otherwise it will affect battery life. Sensors; proximity, motion and phone orientation. Paid version gives you the feature to exclude apps it can't operate in.
Reviewed in Android Features Wishlist
Button-less Display Switching: It will no longer be your mobile's 'Power/Lock' button, just the 'Power' button! That poorly thought-out attempt at advertising aside, this app will free up your power button by switching the mobile's screen on/off based on various settings. It uses a combination of the proximity sensor and the 3-axis accelerometer in your mobile to detect whether it is in your pocket, lying on your table, or in your hand.
It turns automatically the screen off when you put your phone into your pocket or onto a table. And turns the screen on when you take it out or up. No need to touch any button and you are ready to go. It's especially helpful if your lock key is hard to reach or the power button is broken.
The most popular screen on/off app. Reviewed by LifeHacker, MakeUseOf, TheNextWeb, Gizmodo and many others ...
• Pocket Sensor: Turns the screen off if your phone is in your pocket.
• Table Sensor: Detects your phone is lying on a table and turn it off if not in use.
• Turn Screen On by Motion: If the screen is off and it's facing up the device can be woken up by moving it.
• Keep Screen On by Motion: It keeps the screen on while you are watching the screen. It relies on the small movements of your hand while holding the device.
• Smart Lock support: It's a workaround to make the Smart lock feature work fine on devices with Lollipop.
• Locale plug-in for: Tasker, Llama and others
UNLOCKED by IN-APP PURCHASE
• Better performance
• Widgets, Shortcuts
• Wider range for Turn Screen On by Motion Timeout
• Wider range for Table Sensor
• Suspend in Landscape mode
• Exclude Apps option
BATTERY USAGE It should be not significant. I experienced about 6 per cent extra consumption on the test device. However it can be much higher by often using the Turn Screen On by Motion feature. Thus, keep your phone face down if you want to save energy.
Please, use the Uninstall button in the app. Due to Android restriction the app cannot be uninstalled on a normal way.