Connect to your Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Protect smoke and carbon monoxide alarm from one place - the Nest app on your Android device. You can adjust the temperature on your Nest Thermostat from anywhere and get notifications for important events, like Heads-Up and Emergency Alarm. Permissions: ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE, ACCESS_WIFI_STATE, CHANGE_WIFI_STATE are used to set up a Nest Protect.
CAMERA is used for scanning the QR code to set up a Nest Protect.
READ_PHONE_STATE is used to determine if your Android device is capable of making phone calls during an emergency event.
- Better discoverability of the icon top right to find your thermostat schedule, Energy History, and more
- Redesigned from the ground up including full landscape-portrait modes and beautiful animated weather
- Nest Protect results of manual and self tests
- Messages and push notifications for Emergency Alarm, low battery levels, and more
- Button to call emergency services in the case of a smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) event
- "What to Do" instructions during a smoke and CO event