Note: For those who updated early to version 0.93, the crash on startup has now been fixed.
TextWarrior is a text editor that rethinks how editing can be done on a touch screen. Annoyed at accidentally moving the cursor or bringing up the virtual keyboard when scrolling? Tired of doing finger gymnastics to position the cursor? TextWarrior lets you customize text editing to the way you want it to be and more.
Besides all the usual features of text editors, TextWarrior offers 5(!) unique ways to fine-tune the cursor position. Especially helpful for those who are using devices without a hardware keyboard or stylus. While we are at it, why not add syntax highlighting for programming languages and a slideable clipboard. Best of all, TextWarrior is free and open-source! No internet permissions required for pesky ads.
* The only Android text editor that supports direct touch and drag selection of text and other custom behaviors
* 5 cursor navigation methods to choose from
* Word wrap
* In-place search and replace. Case-sensitive and match whole word options
* Slideable clipboard
* Word and character count
* Long press of a hardware keyboard key can capitalize a letter
* Visible whitespace
* Configurable tab width, text size and font
* Recent file history
* Supports ASCII, Latin-1, UTF-8 and UTF-16 encodings
* Supports different line terminator styles
* Works with all input devices: touch screens, keyboards, trackpads, styli...
TextWarrior is a community-driven project. Usability is at the forefront and if you have any suggestions or feedback to making text editing easier, drop us an email. Android Market comments cannot be replied to.
Compatibility note: If the Shift and Alt keys do not seem to work on your physical keyboard, try holding the keys down as you would on a regular computer keyboard.