Reviewed in 5 Star Games
Out There is a truly stunning outer space strategy-survival game that will have you managing resources as you explore the expanses of the universe. It is sure to provide gamers quite a challenge, but it is without a doubt one of the most unique and memorable games I have played in recent memory. Well work the higher-than-normal price tag.
Reviewed in Zoya's app reviews
I can truthfully say that if you like FTL you'll also like this. I can also add that Out There is not simply an FTL clone. It is doing different work with different kinds of interaction. While FTL is a swashbuckling adventure with closely-fought battles and a universe full of different alien races, Out There is a quiet emotional journey in a lonely world. There is no combat, and instead the main interaction is resource management. Ultimately, you learn that you are your main resource, and that means you won't finish the journey without losing part of yourself. I wrote more about Out There at https://medium.com/interlingual-critical-writing/1b31422e01ce
5/5 'Game of the Week' - TouchArcade
9/10 'Gold Award' - PocketGamer
5/5 'A triumph' - PocketTactics
4.5/5 'Excellent' - GamesRadar
8/10 - Eurogamer Official Selection : Leftfield Collection - Rezzed Show 2013
Official Selection : Indie Games Arcade - Eurogamer Expo 2013
Official Selection : Indie MEGABOOTH - PAX East 2014
WARNING : This game is hard. Check the forum for strategy tips : http://outthere.forumactif.org/
You are an astronaut awaking from cryonics not in the solar system, but... out there... in a far and unknown place of the galaxy. In Out There, you will have to survive, tinkering your ship with what you can gather drifting in the void, and spot garden planets to refill your oxygen supply.
Space is an hostile place ; dangerous and mysterious adventures will mark each step of your travel. You will not only meet intelligent species that won’t care about you, but also deal with ancient powers linked to your destiny and the fate of mankind itself.
Survival and understanding of what is really at stake in the galaxy is the core of what Out There has to offer.
Music by award-winning composer Siddhartha Barnhoorn (Antichamber, The Stanley Parable)
• Google Game Services : 50 achievements, 1 leaderboard
• A dark and melancholic, hard sci-fi adventure
• Explore a freshly procedurally-generated galaxy every new game
• 300+ multiple choices handwritten game book adventures
• Epic main storyline with 3 different endings
• 8 spaceships with different specs to discover
• Crafting system with 20 alien technologies built from 15 materials
• Engage with alien life forms and learn their language
• No combat ! It’s you against the environment
• Eerie score by award-winning composer Siddartha Barnhoom
• Fantastic pulp comics graphics
• High replay value