** Featured in Google Play’s Play Picks and Apps to Watch! ** When mischievous Lily sneaks out of bed, her Mooshum (grandfather) shares a cautionary tale filled with foreboding surprises. Join Lily and Thomas on a new adventure filled with touch interactivity, music, color, and sound. Rich narration and voice acting guide you through this adventure, based on the oral traditions of the Skwxwú7mesh.
The Story of Kalkalilh is a vibrant storybook experience that reinforces valuable life lessons. Parents and children are transported to a world filled with beautiful visuals and memorable characters. Your children can follow along in English, French, Spanish, or even the original Skwxwú7mesh language and learn more about the cultural traditions from the Squamish Nation.
Parents are advised that the villainous character might be a little scary for sensitive children, but no scarier than classic fairy tales like Hansel and Gretel.
- New and original story world
- Charming and humorous narration
- Inspired by traditional Indigenous languages & histories
- Learn vocabulary and language: English, French, Spanish, and Squamish
- Educational word highlighting and definitions for young readers
- Touch, tilt & slide to bring the story to life
- Optimized for Tablets & HD Devices
“The overall quality of every aspect of this app – from the illustrations to the music and narration – is wonderfully realized and makes this app an easy one to recommend.”
– Amy Solomon, 148Apps (4.5/5)
“A wonderful treat unlike anything you’ve seen on iOS, or on any mobile platform for that matter.”
– Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice
“A high-quality storybook that allows you to learn about a thousand-year-old tale and the Squamish language. “
– Eric Pramono, Geeks With Juniors
“Imaginative, stylized illustrations are friendly and inviting. Quality narrations bring the story to life.”
– JoDee, The iPhone Mom (5/5)