Reviewed in Android App Report
While I love the app and I support the developer in other apps of his. I think this app is intrusive for a floating bubble. Why? I'll compare it to Hover Browser, see review below, as its main competitor. Features: - Both are essentially paid apps- So if that's not for you I can't help. - Floating bubble to allow for continuous use of other apps. - Capable of opening a number of links. - Able to share the web page with apps like Pocket for offline reading. ***BUT*** Hover browser operates in the background of the phone. Which allows you to watch videos or listen to them while the screen is off. AND while you use YouTube the app you can open the bubble, adjust the window size all at the same time the video is playing. Giving you a true feeling of multitasking. The Link Bubble does not allow, in this case youtube, to play once it's open. Also, it obstructs the view of anything else you're currently using once opened. Because you can't re-size it or manipulate its transparency.
Reviewed in A beautiful and improved Android experience
Link Bubble is a godsend. A link you click in an app opens in a chathead like bubble, which can easily be dismissed or shared with Pocket or other apps. It's great for browsing Twitter or RSS apps. Open an article, read it, dismiss it (no longer a cluttered browser with 50 tabs).It does not substitue a full featured browser (no bookmarks), but makes browsing of feeds much easier. Free version only supports one bubble and app at the time, full version is 5 bucks.
★★★ Recognized in Google Play's Best Apps of 2014 ★★★
★★★ "I’m tempted to call this something of a revelation." - The Next Web ★★★
★★★ "This app may very well change the way I browse the web on Android, and you should definitely consider picking it up." - Android Police ★★★ Link Bubble is an all-new browser designed and crafted solely with mobile devices in mind.
• When you click on a link in an app, Link Bubble loads that webpage in the background, leaving you free to keep using your current app rather than your precious time being wasted watching a page load. Once the page has fully loaded, it will animate on screen.
• Link Bubble's flick physics allow you to go from clicking a link to sharing a link or adding it to a service such as Pocket in little more than a second!
• Load multiple links from your current app at the same time (requires Pro).
• Light and dark themes (requires Pro).
• Reading Mode (requires Pro).
• Gracefully handles links that redirect to other apps. No longer does clicking an Instagram link in Twitter redirect to a full screen browser before loading Instagram!
• Deep integration with the apps on your system.
• Locates embedded YouTube videos on web pages, and provides a shortcut to load those videos directly in the YouTube app.
• Handy stats that illustrate how much time you are saving by using Link Bubble.
Regarding the Location permission: This is required so that you might grant permission for a website to access your location (such as those with an embedded map). Link Bubble itself never accesses your location.