Reviewed in Android Apps
The stunning augmented reality app Layar has recently gone commercial, adding an online shop that allows users to buy AR content such as travel guides, local house price apps and much more. But you're still able to use the numerous free Layers to pop data up over real-world locations, delivering a satisfying futuristic experience
Connect digital content with the real world with Layar - the world’s #1 augmented reality app. Scan print materials enhanced with Layar to view rich digital experiences right on top! Then be amazed as extra digital content appears, allowing you to interact with your world in a whole new way!
• See magazines come alive with videos right on the page!
• Easily buy items with direct mobile shopping links.
• Connect with links to web content and share items on social media.
• Browse and view thousands of Geo Layers to find stuff nearby, like ATMs, restaurants, historical locations and more!
Don’t know what to scan? Look for the Layar logo on magazines, newspapers and other materials, or try scanning a QR code!
You can also scan the posters for the world’s most popular releases and coming attractions to watch the trailer, get more info, see what the critics say and more!
And now in the completely redesigned Layar 8.0...
• Layar is easier to use than ever with a whole new user-friendly interface.
• Check the “Recent Content” section to see your history and view content again later or show it to others.