mattcraiganon: Another reddit made app, rough around the edges and needs refinement but I urge you to support it. It'll allow you to find exact halfway locations when meeting friends. Dev needs to limit the places to actually sociable locations though!
Reviewed in Things to Do, Places to Go…
This app uses Google Maps to help you find places near the midpoint between your location and any another location - presumably that of a person you are planning to meet - so that the two of you can meet halfway. It doesn't work too well if the other location is on the other side of the world. But, it works well enough if both locations are within a city, at the very least.
NOTE: If you're experiencing any sort of issues please email me about them so I can fix them as soon as possible. Thank you for your support, expect some cool upcoming updates, and hope you're enjoying the app!
Tired of arguing with your friend over where to meet? Trying to figure where to meet up with your long distance significant other?
Tell them to meet you halfway!
With Meet Me Halfway, you can find the halfway point and from there find places of interest near there such as cafes, restaurants, hotels, and more!
Your inputs can be full address, zip codes, or even names of locations along with their street and city/state!
And with the use of translucent status bar and navigation bar (Android 4.4+), let the map take over your whole screen!
Features to come:
• Having a list view
• And much more (sorry don't want to spoil anything)!
• Read your contacts: To allow you to quickly input addresses from your contacts
• Precise location: Used to pick up your current location for quick input
• Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage: Needed for Google Maps
• Read Google service configuration: Needed for Google Maps
• Full network access: Needed for Google Maps and for returning results for places nearby
• View network Connections: Needed for Google Maps
• Read the contents of your USB storage: Needed for Google Maps
• Google Play billing service: For accepting donations
If you have any questions, requests, bugs/issues, or features you want, feel free to email me.
Logo and banner made by Sam Nalty. Visit his blog http://holothere.tumblr.com/ for holo designs.