Reviewed in TT&T(Try,test and tell)
I have kept juggling with this and yahoo weather app for long.Yahoo weather has got a better ui,it appears more sleek.But this scores in one field:functions. You will get a detailed list of functions like a bar graph for precipitation,detailed weather info of the upcoming week etc.And yes,it is good looking,you will like its small animatations.
1Weather is the most loved weather app on Google Play. The reviews speak for themselves, making it the highest-rated free weather app among Android users… and the critics agree. Why do they love it? In a word – Design. The app has a simple, yet beautiful interface that makes getting the weather elegant and fun. The groundbreaking UI, combined with a powerful set of weather tools, makes 1Weather the #1 choice.
"#1 Best Weather App for Android” – Phandroid
“Top 25 apps you should download right now” – CNN Tech
"The Most Attractive, Feature-Packed Android Weather App We’ve Ever Seen" – Lifehacker
“The most beautiful weather app we’ve ever seen” – Android Police
• Real-time local weather and forecasts worldwide (Current + 48-hour)
• 10-day extended forecast and precipitation info
• 36-hour and 7-day interactive charts
• Hourly forecast and precipitation info
• Live weather background, dynamic photo backgrounds (Dogs, cats, cars, sports and more!), or create your own custom background
• Follow my location – Your weather automatically updated whenever you are on the move
• LIVE animated radar plus severe weather layers including fire, flood, freezing, hurricane, ice, snow, tornados, wind, and winter (US only)
. Comprehensive map layers: radar, clouds, surface temperature, dew point, relative humidity, wind speed, and UV Index
• Animated sunrise, sunset, and Lunar phase
• Save multiple locations to access quickly and easily
• Gorgeous reconfigurable home screen widgets, including 3 clock widgets
• Share weather information (including screenshots and alert text) with friends and family via email, text, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc.
• National Weather Service Area Forecast Discussion provides overview for your area from NWS meteorologists
• True server-based push alerts for NWS supported locations with configurable notification options by location and alert level (watches, warnings, advisories)
• Configurable Ongoing notification shows current conditions and adds temperature to your notification bar for dynamic “My Location” or a location of your choice.
• DashClock integration allowing you to select a location of your choice
• Daydream mode support (Android 4.2+)
• Android Wear support (Android 4.3+ / Requires Google Play Services 5.0+, just launch 1Weather and Current Conditions and Forecast will appear on your wearable device)
• More than 25 different languages available
• Customizable Units:
Temperature: Fahrenheit or Celsius
Wind: mph, kph, m/s, knots and Beaufort scale
Pressure: Inches of mercury, millibars, millimeters of mercury
Distance: Miles, Kilometers
• Interesting and educational weather facts and videos