Reviewed in Wishlist for Built-In OS Features
Basic Note-taking & Reminders: Regardless of Google Now being able to set reminders, it feels necessary to have an app for general note-taking, creating to-do lists, and jotting down the occasional shopping list. Many devices have note-taking software from the manufacturers pre-installed, of course. But, I find Google Keep easier to use and more functional than many. When all those other Google apps are pre-installed, this one might as well be too.
Quickly capture what’s on your mind and be reminded at the right place or time. Speak a voice memo on the go and have it automatically transcribed. Grab a photo of a poster, receipt or document and easily find it later in search. Capture what’s on your mind
• Add notes, lists and photos to Google Keep. Pressed for time? Record a voice memo and Keep will transcribe it so you can find it later.
Find what you need, fast
• Color code notes to quickly organize and get on with your life. If you need to find something you saved, a simple search will turn it up.
Always within reach
• Keep works on your phone, tablet and computer. Everything you add syncs across all of your devices so your thoughts are always with you.
The right note at the right time
• Need to remember to pick up some groceries? Set a location-based reminder to pull up your grocery list right when you get to the store.
• Try Google Keep on the web at http://keep.google.com and on the Chrome Web Store at http://goo.gl/pQvKtH.