Reviewed in Congratulations on your new Android phone!
If you have Android-toting friends they may have shown you how they can just drag their thumb seemingly at random all over their keyboard and, lo and behold, words happen! This is one of the ways you can do it. It's free, it's simple, it's good-looking, it swipes.
Google Keyboard makes text input smart and easy. Glide through letters with Gesture Typing. Compose notes on-the-go using your voice. With amazing word recognition and next-word prediction, Google Keyboard helps you type faster and more accurately on all your Android devices. When you can’t find the right thing to say, you don’t have to write at all. The new Google Keyboard supports hundreds of emojis, so you can express yourself in any Android app (Android 4.4 and up).
• Material design themes
• Personalized suggestions, corrections, and completions
• Keypress popup animations
• Emoji entry point and layouts (Android 4.4 and up)
• Gesture Typing with dynamic floating preview
• Space-aware Gesture Typing: just gesture through the space bar
• Voice Typing
• Dictionaries for more than 25 languages
• Advanced keyboard layouts
• Works across your Android devices (tablets and phones)