Reviewed in The Only APP's You'll Ever Need (Seriously)
Google Wallet has really come a long way, and while it comes baked in on some phones, some of us still have to download it the old fashioned way. If it says it's not compatible with your phone try side-loading it. Some carriers are lame about letting you have this APP on your phone (*cough* Verizon).
Google Wallet is an easier way to pay in stores, pay your friends and pay online.
• Send and request money easily in the US
• Digitize your gift cards by taking a picture of the card, front and back, or typing in the card info. Sync gift card balance in real-time for participating merchants.
• Manage your loyalty programs and offers right on your phone
• Get the Google Wallet Card to spend your Wallet Balance anywhere MasterCard is accepted in the US
• Tap and pay with your phone wherever contactless payments are accepted. To see if your device supports tap and pay, go to http://goo.gl/tmttJx
• Track your online orders, get notified when they’re shipped, plus view your order history in one place
Stay protected when shopping or sending money
• For security, you can lock your app with a Google Wallet PIN, plus we provide 24/7 fraud monitoring
• If your device is lost or stolen, you can easily disable the Google Wallet app online or by calling our 24/7 support number: http://goo.gl/hajmJS
The Google Wallet app uses your location to show you nearby loyalty programs, stores that accept your gift cards and more. If you would like to turn this feature off, please go to Settings and turn off Location Sharing.