Reviewed in Useful & Life-changing Apps
Useful app, I personally preferred the built-in "Search by Camera" feature in Google Now, but they removed it. Though Google Googles doesn't recognize things as well as Search by Camera, it's still the best soluton I know.
Orkaline: Google's search algorithem in picture form. In addition to scanning barcodes/QR codes, you can identify famous pictures, DvD covers, CD covers, game covers, books, landmarks, and more, including the ability to solve Sudoku puzzles. As this gets more refined with Google's search algorithm, you'll be able to identify more objects instantly just by picture alone.
Search by taking a picture: point your mobile phone camera at a painting, a famous landmark, a barcode or QR code, a product, or a popular image. If Goggles finds it in its database, it will provide you with useful information. Goggles can read text in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, and Turkish, and translate it into other languages.
Goggles also works as a barcode / QR code scanner.
- Scan barcodes using Goggles to get product information
- Scan QR codes using Goggles to extract information
- Recognize famous landmarks
- Translate by taking a picture of foreign language text
- Add Contacts by scanning business cards or QR codes
- Scan text using Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Recognize paintings, books, DVDs, CDs, and just about any 2D image
- Solve Sudoku puzzles
- Find similar products