beardeddragonborn: you can send a link to people of your current locstion, allowing them to track your journey. You set a timer for it to turn off, so it makes it perfect to show people where you are for a little bit. I use it when headed to my rendezvous spot with my friends.
Reviewed in Wishlist for Built-In OS Features
Real-Time Location Sharing: This can be used to share one's location with a chosen contact, for a set period of time, more-or-less in real time. One could probably do something similar with Google Now's Commute Sharing. But, this is more direct.
Glympse is the easiest way to safely share your location with someone in real time. Let others follow your location on a dynamic map. You choose who can see you and for how long. No sign-up needed and no new social network to manage. Recipients receive a link allowing them to view your ETA and location in real-time for the length of time you choose. When the timer on your Glympse expires, your location is no longer visible. Best of all, recipients do not need any special software to view your real-time map. Send a Glympse via SMS, email, Facebook or Twitter, and recipients can view it using any web-enabled device.
-- Awards & Press –-
* "[Glympse] is one of those apps that’s ingenious in its simplicity, insanely handy to have around, and just a little bit fun to boot." – CNET Reviews
* "Glympse: The Coolest Thing Your Smartphone Can Do" – Fast Company
* Named one of "15 Best Mobile Apps of 2011" – Mashable
-- User Testimonials --
***** “The best family and friends finder out there. If you need something that will help you stay in contact with your loved ones and you don't get this app then you are missing the boat” - via Google Play review
***** "Thanks u guys!!! This is so awesome! Now when my parents want to know where I am I just send them a Glympse!!! Thnx!" -via Glympse support
***** “No other location app I have used comes close to this one for accuracy and reliability. Used to keep track of the family unit, great for me.” - via Google Play review
***** "Absolutely LOVE this app! I take the bus home from work and my husband picks me up at the bus stop. I send a Glympse when I get on the bus and he can track the location. We also use it when we are running 5k, 10k and half marathon races. It works fabulously!" -via Glympse support
* Easy: no sign-up required or friend lists to manage
* Safe: your Glympse automatically expires
* Live: share location in real-time
* Open: share with anyone – no app required to view
* Passive: runs in the background
* Global: works anywhere you have GPS and a data connection
Use Glympse to:
* coordinate a night out with friends
* let your spouse know when you’ll be home from work
* negotiate an extra hour of curfew with your parents
* make sure a loved one knows you are safe while running or cycling
* find family members at a theme park
* provide a courtesy notice & ETA to a client when you are stuck in traffic
* share a charity run with followers on Facebook or Twitter
* direct emergency personnel to you quickly
Note about PERMISSIONS: If you have any questions about which Android permissions we require or how we use them, please visit... http://glympse.com/perms
Note about our WIDGET: Many versions of Android do not allow widgets to work for apps installed to the SD card. If you encounter this issue, moving the application back to main memory should resolve the issue.
We LOVE TO HEAR FROM CUSTOMERS. If you have an issue or suggestion, please use the "Feedback" feature in the app under Settings or send us a email at firstname.lastname@example.org.