Reviewed in Root like there's no tomorrow!
If available for your device (google is your friend) you should run the Franco Kernel on your Nexus. Amazing battery life. You don't need the app to run it, it ships with recommended settings, but you can update it, tweak it and support the dev.
Tyrion666: If available for your device (google is your friend) you should run the Franco Kernel on your Nexus. Amazing battery life. You don't need the app to run it, it ships with recommended settings, but you can update it, tweak it and support the dev.
A beautiful, fully updated with Material Design and a very easy-to-use UI, it combines a series of powerful tools to manage and control your device with franco.Kernel. It's simply the best in class - tweaking the Kernel parameters has never been easier
Take note that your device needs to be ROOTED. I don't accept refunds if you fail to read this warning.
This application supports the following devices only:
* Galaxy Nexus
* Nexus 4
* Nexus 5
* Nexus 5X
* Nexus 6
* Nexus 6P
* Nexus 7 2012
* Nexus 7 2013
* Nexus 10
* One Plus One
* One Plus 2
* One Plus 3
* One Plus X
* Google Pixel
* Google Pixel XL
Supports Android from JellyBean (4.1) up to Nougat (7.1.+).
* Deep and powerful integration with franco.Kernel;
* Checks for new franco.Kernel versions (with a choice for automatic check once every 24h);
* Auto flash Kernels directly into the device without any user input besides requiring a reboot (which is also automatic by default);
* Display color temperature presets;
* Automatic High Brightness Mode toggle based on the ambient light (Nexus 6P and Nexus 6 only);
* Download .zips to be flashed in recovery;
* Beautiful UI that follows Material Design guidelines;
* Interface to change CPU clocks, governor and other interfaces pending Kernel support (undervolt, Hotplug control, GPU control, CPU-Boost control);
* Interface to change the CPU governor parameters;
* Backup & Restore Kernels on the fly in a single tap and frictionless;
* Custom Kernel settings such as: IO scheduler, IO scheduler tuning, certain wakelocks (if exposed by the Kernel) and other misc settings;
* A powerful tool called Per-App Profiles which lets you create power profiles for your favourite apps. For example you want maximum CPU frequency when gaming, but low frequency when reading an e-book. You can also choose whether for Wi-Fi to be on/off, if you desire you toggle Android Battery Saver, specify what type of Location Mode you want to use for that specific app and choose the display resolution on a per-app basis too: Available resolutions are: 540p, 720p, 1080p, 1440p and 2160p! The possibilities are endless and opens a lot of doors. You control the device, the device doesn't control you;
* A System Monitor with a beautiful UI courtesy of the developer Christian Göllner;
* A simple File Manager to flash boot.imgs and Kernel .zips on the go from anywhere inside the sdcard (open, delete and see info about the file);
* Color and Sound control for selected devices with Kernel support;
* Automatic Night Shift just like iOS to tint your display in orange/red to ease your eyes during the night;
* CPU temperature available in the notification bar for devices that export the CPU temperature;
* Performance Profiles built-in on franco.Kernel (Power-save, Balance and Performance) which you can select with a single touch, no need to mess with settings. Also features a Home screen widget for an easy way to change profiles without going into the app;
* Launcher Shortcuts for Performance Profiles;
* Quick Tiles for Performance Profiles;
* Specific Tasker intents for performance profiles automation;
* And there's a lot more to discover!
Fully descriptive changelog for version 2.1 on this Medium page: https://medium.com/@franciscofranco/new-fkupdater-2-1-release-1391b7ee4bc#.26bb0oyyn
I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by any procedures of the app. No warranties of any kind are given. Use your brain - you have it for a reason! :)