Reviewed in Form+Function
Say what you want about selfies—a mark of youthful narcisissm, a form of self-expression, a sign of the end times—they're still all the rage today. Snapi, for better or for worse, helps you take a touch-free selfie. No more struggling to reach the camera button while trying to maintain a calm smile; simply make a quick hand gesture in front of the camera and you've got a selfie all ready for its insta moment. Ah, progress.
Snapi puts an end to uncomfortable Selfies, no more stretching your hand and fingers to trigger the camera to snap a shot. With Snapi you can now capture photos without touching the phone! Simply raise your open palm in front of camera, close it into a fist and open again – the photo will be captured. Snapi works up to 13 feet (4m) away – just put the phone down and get that group shot. So what are you waiting for? Start Snaping! App Features:
• Touch-free gesture technology engine by eyeSight
• Configurable capture countdown timer – choose how many seconds pass between gesture and capture
• Easily switch between the front and back cameras on your device
• All photos are stored on your device’s native photo gallery for a seamless sync of the photo stream
• Autofocus based on face recognition*
• Helpful sound feedback for photo capture, focus, and countdown
* Subject to phone’s capabilities
Note that the range of operation using the gesture to capture photos may vary based on your phone’s camera.