Reviewed in Top 15 Apps
Duolingo is the best, free service for learning foreign languages. Period. It actually makes learning a foreign language fun! There are many to choose from, including Spanish, German, French, etc. The UI is dead simple and beautiful on both the app and website. So try it out! You won't regret it.
Learn English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Irish, Danish, Swedish, Russian, Ukrainian, Esperanto, Polish and Turkish — It’s fast, fun and free. Practice speaking, reading, listening and writing. Play a game, answer questions and complete lessons to improve your vocabulary and grammar. Start with basic verbs, phrases, and sentences, and learn new words daily.
• Editor's Choice and "Best of the Best” —Google Play
• "The best language-learning app" —The Wall Street Journal
• “This free app and website is among the most effective language-learning methods I’ve tried… lessons come in the form of brief challenges — speaking, translating, answering multiple-choice questions — that keep me coming back for more.” —The New York Times
Our most popular language courses are:
• English for Spanish speakers (60M learners)
• Spanish for English speakers (50M learners)
• French for English speakers (30M learners)
Our fastest growing language courses are:
• English for French speakers (8M learners)
• German for French speakers (100K learners)
• It's free. Learning a language has never been so affordable.
• It's fun. Learn by playing a game — practice new words by doing quick lessons and answering questions daily.
• It's effective. 34 hours of Duolingo are equivalent to a semester of university-level education. Millions of students use Duolingo to study and learn in language classes at school!
Duolingo is the best way to learn to read, listen, write and speak English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Irish, Danish, Swedish, Russian, Ukrainian, Esperanto, Polish or Turkish.