Reviewed in Things to Do, Places to Go…
Yay! A green owl! The earlier logo had it merely perched, like stuffed roadkill. This one looks positively lively with its shining eyes and spread wings. And it can help me learn another language! … Oh. You want me to actually learn a language without giving up in a week? Well, too bad - I already know 4 languages, and their isn't any more room up in my head. … Alright, fine, I'll do it. I'll learn German… or French. The app looks fun, at least.
Learn Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, and English. Totally fun and 100% free. • Google Play's "Best of the Best" 2013.
• "Among apps for learning or practicing a language, you can't beat Duolingo." —PC Magazine. Awarded Editors' Choice for Language Learning.
• "Far and away the best free language-learning app." —The Wall Street Journal
• "We’ve also tried a few other methods such as book learning and Rosetta Stone, both of which bombed. That’s why I jumped at the chance to try Duolingo. And believe me, it’s addictive." —FluentIn3Months.com
Duolingo is changing the way people learn languages.
• It's free, for real. No fees, no ads, no gimmicks. A college-quality education without the price tag.
• It's fun. Lose hearts for answering incorrectly, advance by completing bite-sized lessons, and track your progress with shiny achievements.
• It's constantly improving. We bust out the lab coats regularly and measure how well you learn on Duolingo. Your learning experience only gets better over time.
If you want to learn Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, or English, the fast, fun, and free way, there's no better choice than Duolingo.
Send any feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Buy Duolingo gear at http://gear.duolingo.com
Use Duolingo on the Web at http://www.duolingo.com