Be ready for a wildfire with Wildfire by the American Red Cross. Get notified about active wildfires, as well as fire weather warnings, prepare your family, home and pets, let loved ones know that you are safe even if the power is out – a must have for anyone who lives in an area that is susceptible to wildfires or has loved ones that do. Ahora disponible en español.
-- Featured by Firechief.com (11/14/12)
-- Featured by Wildlandfireleadership.com (10/2012)
-- American Red Cross Releases 'Wildfires' App, Helps You Keep Your Cool When Things Get Hot – AndroidPolice
-- One of the top 51 new Android apps – AndrioidPolice (10/2012)
--Red Cross Wild App Brigs Help at the Touch of a Screen – Occupational Health and Safety online
-- Red Cross Wildfire App Brings Help at the Touch of a Screen – Shetechonline
• Easy to use Spanish language toggle to switch translation directly inside the app.
• Step-by-step instructions let you know what to do even before/during/after wildfires, even if no data connectivity.
• Wildfire News section with state-by-state links to all fire-fighting agencies’ Twitter feeds and websites ensuring the most recent developments on current wildfires.
• Click-to-call access to your state’s 511 network for the latest traffic information in case of evacuation
• Let family and friends know you are okay with the customizable “I’m Safe” alert for Facebook, Twitter, email and text.
• Find open Red Cross shelters in your area when you need help.
• Stay safe when the lights are out with the Toolkit, including a strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions.
• Prepare for the worst by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation.
• Empower your family to stay safe and remain calm in an emergency by learning how to make and practice an emergency plan.
• Earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your wildfire knowledge with interactive quizzes.
-- Permissions --
DIRECTLY CALL PHONE NUMBERS: We need this to allow you to call emergency numbers from within the app
CAMERA: We need to be able to use the camera to allow us to use the flashlight in Tool Kit
GPS LOCATION: We need to serve you wildfire alerts based on your current location
PHONE CONTACTS: We need this for the Make a Plan view to allow you to add emergency contacts straight from your address book