Reviewed in HOLO apps
A drawing app, you might ask? How does this fall under holo apps? Well, I've tried a lot of drawing apps, and this is the only one that doesn't make me feel like I'm using gingerbread. The app follows the guidelines where possible. It has a lot of features too, and the developer keeps pumping out updates based on your feedback.
ejsid: my drawing and sketching application for tablets. It's designed for Android, follows design guidelines and is really fast and fluid. Basic version is free (with 20 tools and 2 layers), pro version is $4.99 with 70 tools, up to 16 layers and infinite undo.
Convert your tablet into digital sketchbook with more than 70 brushes, smudge, file and eraser tool. This fast and intuitive painting application will unlock full power of your imagination. With support for pressure sensitive pens (like Samsung's SPen) you device will be changed into real canvas.
Important: this is free application with advanced features requiring pro license in-app purchase. Single licence purchase will activate all you devices associated with your Google account.
Features (with pro license):
• 70+ brushes and tools (including smudge tool)
• Color adjustment (HSV, brightness & saturation and more)
• Infinite* undo and redo
• 7–16** layers with 11 different blending modes and global opacity
• Hi-res canvas - up to 2048x2048, 2560x2560 or 4096x4096**
• Separate flow (tip alpha) and opacity (stroke) control for brushes
• Holo inspired, fast, fluid and intuitive user interface
• Export to PSD (Photoshop Document), PNG (with transparency) or JPEG
• Pressure sensitive pen support (tested with SPen and ThinkPad pen)
• Brush flow and size fade
• Pressure simulation for touches***
• Create layers from imported images and photos
• Configurable symmetry drawing mode
• Geometrical shapes (line, rectangle, oval)
• Active edge shortcut system
• Palm rejection - no more accidental zooming and panning when drawing***
You can paint, sketch and draw with ease thanks to fast and fluid brush engine. ArtFlow aims to replace your physical sketchpad and become universal art studio type application for Android™.
Special thanks to Roberto Böhmer , ViBu and Oskar Stålberg for letting us use theirs great drawings.
*) restricted by available device storage
**) depending on device
***) some devices are incompatible with pressure simulation and palm rejection
Unlicensed version limitation:
• 20 basic tools
• 2 layers
• Undo limited to 6 steps
• No PSD export