BT customers could save money with BT SmartTalk. Our free app lets you make calls from your mobile at your BT home calling plan rates.
If you’re a residential BT customer you can make calls on your mobile for the same great value as if you were using your home phone, all through your smartphone’s wi-fi or mobile data connection.
· Calls to 0800 numbers are included in your calling plan so there’s no extra cost.
· Cheaper calls to UK landline, 0845 and 0870 numbers (free if they are within your BT calling plan).
· When abroad, use over wi-fi and call back to the UK for the same price you’d pay if you were using your home phone.
· Make great value calls without having to top up your Pay-As-You-Go credit.
· Make calls over wi-fi if you are in a poor mobile coverage area, or when someone else is using the home phone.
More about BT SmartTalk:
· BT SmartTalk is available to residential BT customers only.
· Designed and optimised for devices running Ice Cream Sandwich and above.
· Three simple steps to sign up, you will need to be at home to complete your registration.
· Up to five users per household, a unique BT ID is required for each user, this can be created during sign up.
· The BT account holder will be informed of all new registrations and has the ability to manage their BT SmartTalk service online at www.bt.com/mybt/btsmarttalk - including restricting the types of calls each user can make, or even blocking new registrations.
· Calls are charged at your great value BT home calling plan rates (UK time zone applies). For more information on your BT home calling plan, please ask the BT account holder.
· BT SmartTalk calls appear on your BT bill, itemised by user.
· The app automatically imports your mobile phone’s contact list.
· People will see your mobile phone number when you call, or you have the option to withhold your number.
· You’ll need an internet connection. You can make calls over wi-fi or mobile data (a wi-fi connections is best). Remember that your mobile service provider may charge you for data use.
· Call quality is dependent upon the quality of your wi-fi or mobile data connection – BT SmartTalk will warn you by displaying a message if your signal strength is poor. (Problems connecting? Run the ‘Connection Test’ in the ‘Help’ section of the app.)
· BT SmartTalk is fully compatible with device accessibility tools.