Reviewed in Games with Depth
Aaah, another proper western PC RPG that has been updaten and refitted to tablets. Baldurs gate 1 and 2 is two of my absolute favorite RPGs and the amount of content in each game is staggering. The game is set in the Forgotten realms world of Faerun, near the town of the games Namesake, Baldurs Gate. The game is using Dungeons and Dragons rules, which means more or less everything is decided by dicerolls. Now the game does this splendidly in the background and if youre not interested you can disregard most of the technical mumbojumbo. There is an advantage to have some knowledge about basic D&D terms though. You are an "adopted son" of Gorion, a mage living in the castle of candlekeep along with your adoptive sister Imoen. One day Gorion tells you that you two are leaving for a long journey, without much more information. When you have left the safety of candlekeep you are attacked by mysterious bandits that seems to be after you. Gorion refuses to give you up and sacrifices himself to save you. From here on out its up to you to find out whats going on, why these people are after you and how to stop them. Along the way you find several companions (you can have a party of 5 people), some more colorful than others like the Ranger Minsc and his Giant miniature space hamster (dont ask). As i said the game has an huge amount of content with a wealth of sidemissions and things to do and there is a serious number of hours in this game. Beamdog, who has remastered the game has also added in some new content, new characters and new missions adding even further to the wealth of content. If youre into proper RPGs then you need to play this, this is what shaped western RPGS for a whole decade after its release. Cant recommend this enough!
This game is optimized for tablets. The dawn is especially cruel this morning...
For as long as you can remember, your view of the world has been limited to the heavily fortified walls of Candlekeep. Your foster father, Gorion, has done everything in his power to protect you and keep you out of harm’s way.
All of that is about to change. Forced to leave your home under mysterious circumstances, you find yourself drawn into a conflict that has the Sword Coast on the brink of war. An iron shortage of unknown origin threatens to plunge the city of Baldur’s Gate into conflict with Amn. Meanwhile, there is something else at work, far more sinister than you can even begin to fathom...
Since its release in 1998, this classic saga of mystery, intrigue, and adventure has set the standard for Dungeons & Dragons™ computer roleplaying games. Customize your hero’s traits and abilities, recruit a party of brave allies, and explore the far corners of the Sword Coast in your search for adventure, profit… and the truth.
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition contains the original 60-hour epic, as well as the following expansions:
* Tales of the Sword Coast: Explore the fabled Durlag’s Tower and more locations from the original Baldur’s Gate expansion.
* The Black Pits: You have been captured and forced to fight in Baeloth’s marvelous arena. A myriad of monsters await, as well as countless other adventurers who face the same fate. Maim, murder, and maul your way to freedom… if you can!
* Discover countless improvements we’ve made to the original game, including high-resolution fonts, an improved interface, dynamic zooming, and more!
* Brothers Lost: Lend your aid to Rasaad yn Bashir, the Sun Soul monk, as he scours the Cloud Peaks in search of his lost brother.
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition also offers the following premium content available for purchase:
* Neera and the Red Wizards: Save the wild mage Neera from the cruel machinations of Thay’s dreaded Red Wizards.
* Path of the Bloodied: Join the blackguard Dorn Il-Khan in taking revenge against those who betrayed him in Luskan.
* Gallery of Heroes: Reimagine your character with eleven never-before-seen character portraits from acclaimed Icewind Dale artist Jason Manley!
* New professionally recorded voice sets to choose from to further customize your character.