Reviewed in Games with Depth
The sequel to Baldurs gate 1. Its more of the same, but bigger, better and cooler. You still play your character from the first game, starting the game in an prison dungeon of what seems to be a mad mage. As BG1 takes you from lvl 1-8 this takes you from 7/8 to 20. At level 20 youre somewhat of a mortal god, i rememver my mage in the pc version walking around spewing forth spells at a redicoulous rate, taking on enemies of immense power from other dimensions. Its hard to tell you more about the story without spoiling the first game so i will leave it at that. The game uses the same isometrical perspective and D&D ruleset as the first game. This game has even more content than the first one, i remember getting this on 5 CDs back in the day. Some characters return from the first game and many new ones comes along. Same thing here, Beamdog has restored the game and added in additional content. The expansion THrone of Baal is also included here. A common question is if you can play Baldurs gate 2 without having played the first game, and yes you can. The game is stand-alone enough for you to get whats happening, however some things, especially in the beginning and references to the first game might be a bit confusing. If you havent played either game before however i truly recommend going through them in order.
Kidnapped. Imprisoned. Tortured. The wizard Irenicus holds you captive in his stronghold, attempting to strip you of the powers that are your birthright. Can you resist the evil within you, forge a legend of heroic proportions, and ultimately destroy the dark essence that haunts your dreams? Or will you embrace your monstrous nature, carve a swath of destruction across the realms, and ascend to godhood as the new Lord of Murder?
Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition includes the original Shadows of Amn campaign, as well as the following expansions:
* Throne of Bhaal: Travel to Tethyr in this thrilling conclusion to the Bhaalspawn saga, and delve into the treasure-filled halls of Watcher’s Keep!
* Fist of the Fallen: Help the Sun Soul Monk Rasaad find peace in his quest for vengeance, and determine the fate of a heretical sect.
* The Black Pits II: Gladiators of Thay: Explore the tactical depth of high-level Dungeons & Dragons combat. Turn your captors against each other while you dodge traps and battle for your life against Demi-Liches, Mind Flayers, and the legendary Githyanki.
Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition also offers the following premium content available for purchase:
* A Price Paid in Blood: Join the Blackguard Dorn in carving a swath of destruction across the Realms, as he struggles to appease the increasingly bloody demands of his dark patron.
* A Voice in the Dark: Recruit the mysterious Thief Hexxat and take up her mission of retrieving long-lost artifacts from tombs as far away as Zakhara.
* In Defense of the Wild: Protect the innocent and stand with Neera the Wild Mage against a ruthless school of Red Wizards.
Note: All translations are text only. Voice-overs are played in English.