You store a lot of valuable, personal information on your phone such as your contacts and passwords for websites, apps and for purchasing things online. The Verizon Support & Protection application helps protect your phone from digital threats, including viruses and malware, and from people accessing the information on your phone if it is ever lost or misplaced. Verizon Support & Protection helps keep your phone secure with around the clock protection from viruses, malware and risky web sites for FREE (data charges apply). A premium version, available at no additional cost for Total Mobile Protection customers, can remotely locate, lock, alarm and erase* certain data from a lost or misplaced phone, notify you of apps on your phone with risky privacy permissions and help you maximize your battery and improve your phone’s performance.
BASIC FEATURES – FREE (data charges apply)
• Antivirus protection powered by McAfee to scan for and detect viruses and malware, and
• McAfee® SiteAdvisor® to help protect against threats by blocking access to web sites deemed risky.
PREMIUM FEATURES – available at no additional cost for Total Mobile Protection customers
• All of the BASIC FEATURES, plus
• Recovery features to remotely locate a lost or misplaced phone, sound an audible alarm, lock the phone or erase* certain personal data (available by logging into your My Verizon account at: https://www.verizonwireless.com/vsp), and
• App Alert to notify you which apps have access to your personal information, such as contacts and location, and allow you to remove the offending apps from your phone.
• Tune-up your phone with tools to maximize battery life and improve your phone’s performance (only available for Total Mobile Protection customers)
For instructions related to uninstalling the app, please visit: http://support.verizonwireless.com/how_to_use/verizon_mobile_security.html#uninstall
For additional information, please visit the Verizon Support & Protection FAQs at http://www.verizonwireless.com/mobilesecurityfaq
* Depending on your phone, the Erase Data feature may erase contacts, text messages, calendar, photos, videos, and/or call history from your phone. Once the erase feature is completed, you will receive a status update indicating what was erased from your phone. Not all data on all phones are erasable. Erase Data does not apply to external memory cards.
Verizon Support & Protection is available only on compatible phones. Phone must be on, have text messaging capability, and be within the Verizon Wireless National Enhanced Services Coverage Area for some features to function. Data usage applies for download and some feature usage of Verizon Support & Protection. Phones running an unauthorized or modified version of Android’s operating systems are not supported.
McAfee, the McAfee logo, SiteAdvisor, McAfee Active Protection and McAfee Global Threat Intelligence are registered trademarks or trademarks of McAfee, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.