Reviewed in Form+Function
I never really needed a personal assistant app, mainly because I don't really do anything. Regardless of that, Indigo is lightweight and user-friendly, and does a pretty decent job of handling various requests. For those who just want a laugh, it can do jokes and riddles too, though it's no Samantha.
Pockets6794: Super cool PA app that is more Siri than Siri and syncs to all your devices.
Indigo is an intelligent, Siri like personal assistant who can tell jokes, control your music, manage your calendar, create reminders, translate, give directions, search YouTube, find restaurants and much more. Indigo is your own personal assistant, she adds fun to your daily tasks and activities. Indigo understands what you mean and responds in natural language. She might even give her personal opinion… With Indigo, your personal virtual assistant, you can:
- Control your music by voice! Indigo contains a beautiful music player
- Find what you need using Google, Wikipedia, Bing, Yahoo, Yelp, YouTube and others
- Translate anything to Spanish, German, French, Italian and many other languages
- Use natural language to get what you need
- Connect with social media like Facebook and Twitter
- Get weather forecasts for any location
- Manage your calendar; quickly find out what your day looks like
- Take notes
- Find the best restaurant or bar in town
- Get directions and navigate to friends, restaurants and stores
- Quickly find locations on Google Maps
- Set alarms and reminders, alerting you at a specific time if needed
- Read and send text messages, emails and tweets
- Make phone calls, find contact details
- Play videos or search for images
- Launch from the home button (upwards swipe)
- Save common tasks as favorites so you can quickly access them
- Continue the same conversation across multiple online devices
- Search with Google, Bing and Yahoo for the answer to any question
...and much more – all you have to do is ask!
Indigo is connected to services like Google, Twitter, Facebook, Yelp, Wikipedia, Yahoo, Google Images, Google Maps, World Weather Online, Streetview, YouTube, Google Translate, Wolfram Alpha and more. New services are added frequently.
The Indigo speech driven app is currently a Beta app, which means you may experience minor glitches as we refine it. Please get in touch with us if you find persistent issues.
Questions, comments or requests? We’d love to hear from you. Email us at email@example.com or send a tweet to @hello_indigo.
Indigo is an alternative to other voice personal assistant apps in the market like Siri from Apple, Voice Actions, Google Now, Nuance, Dragon Mobile Assistant, Vlingo, Voice Search, S Voice, Iris, IBM Watson, Siri, Maluuba, Skyvi, Jeannie, Speaktoit Assistant and other voice control applications. Get Indigo now and find out how clever she is. Indigo is also available on iOS and Windows Phone 8.