ARCHOS makes Video Player app available for all Android devices (tablets, phones, TV; requires Android 4.0 or later)!
The critically acclaimed Archos video player app offers an uncompromised multimedia experience.
- Hardware accelerated video decoding support for most devices and video formats;
- Ability to play content from many computer/network storage in your network (SMB, UPnP, FTP, SFTP) or from an external USB storage device (SFTP/FTP only available in premium/paid app version);
- Support of torrent streaming: torrent files can directly be opened by the application (premium/paid app version only);
- Automatic online retrieval of Movie and TV show information with poster and backdrop for both local and network content;
- Integrated subtitle downloader;
- Network indexing: import remote shared folders (SMB) in your multimedia library;
- Video browsing with either folder or library based navigation;
- Ubiquitous access to TV shows sorted in a series/season/episode hierarchical view;
- Multi-device network video resume;
- TV friendly: dedicated user interface that is keyboard/remote control compatible, Android TV compatibility;
- Share and keep track of what you have watched using Trakt scrobbler (see http://trakt.tv/);
- 3D video: visual tagging and side by side/top bottom playback mode with Archos stereo virtual reality glasses or cardboard support;
- Audio: night mode and audio boost options
- HDMI or S/PDIF: AC3/DTS passthrough on supported hardware (e.g. Nexus Player, ADT-1, Rockchip and AmLogic based tvbox devices) with compatible home cinema equipment
- Android 5.0 Lollipop support with flat/material user interface design. * Note that if you experience any issue with video hardware decoding you can force software decoding in Archos Video Player application settings to watch your video.