Using App Cloner you can create and install multiple copies of your existing apps.
Cloned apps run in parallel and work independently from their original apps. They will not receive automatic updates so you can keep and run a stable version alongside the original app.
Cloning can be useful to simultaneously use multiple logins in apps such as Facebook, Twitter or Skype but the real fun starts by messing around with an app. App Cloner offers a multitude of options to tweak the new app copy, apart from changing the app name or icon.
For example, you can remove widgets or unnecessary permissions, you can disable auto-start, backups or intrusive app defaults. App Cloner can even extend a cloned app to add new functionality such as password protection, incognito mode with secure file deletion and you can lock an app to consume data over Wi-Fi only.
By the way, Android Wear watch apps and watch faces can typically also be cloned.
Full version features
The full version offers these features:
• WhatsApp cloning
• Replace launcher icons
• Create multiple app clones
• Clone watch apps or watch faces
• Save or share cloned apps
• Remove launcher icon or widgets
• Allow/prevent app backups
• Allow apps to be installed on the external SD-card
• Disable app defaults
• Disable auto-start
• Exclude app from recents
• Rotation lock
• Remove app permissions
• Make assist app
• Enables multi-window support on Samsung devices and some LG devices
• Use Google Maps in cloned apps
• Automatically copy expansion files during cloning
• Make debuggable
ART runtime only:
• Change default app language
• Sandbox external storage (redirects SD-card file operations into an isolated sub-directory)
• Password-protect apps (with stealth mode)
• Incognito mode for apps
• Clear cache on exit
• Disable mobile data
• SOCKS proxy (route the app's network traffic via a SOCKS proxy)
• Mute on start
• Change default font
• Font scale
• Keep screen on
• Immersive mode
Not all apps can be cloned. Cloned apps may crash, show errors or work incorrectly.
Cloning an app will change its certificate, which means the new app may not work in case it verifies its certificate or if it interacts with other apps by the same publisher.
App components that depend on the certificate such as Google account logins, Google Play services, Google Maps, Google Cloud Messaging or in-app purchases will not work and/or break the cloned app.
Some apps that can be cloned:
• Amazon Kindle
• DropBox (except internal PDF viewer)
• Facebook (only on Android 5.0 or later, language is English only)
• Facebook Lite
• Opera, Opera Mini
• SwiftKey Keyboard
• Yahoo Mail
Some apps that can't be cloned:
• Most Google apps
• Facebook Messenger
• Skype for Business
• YouTube (version 4.2.x works)
If you find an app that cannot be successfully cloned you may use 'Report app issue' to indicate the problem.
To install apps you need to enable Settings > Security > Unknown sources.
To view and clone watch faces you may need to select Show all apps from the main menu.
All product names and brands mentioned above are property of their respective owners.
G+ community: https://plus.google.com/communities/110152846393129525806
If you think there are tweaks worth adding or if you have suggestions I'd love to hear about them at email@example.com.