Reviewed in Best free apps without obstrusive ads
Honestly, I can even live with TouchWiz on my S4. But Apex brings so much customization and pure Android design. Plus, icon -- that is basically the main reason to install any kind of launcher. Its main competitor is Nova, but Apex sounds cooler and I find Apex settings are easier to configure (It's a matter of VERY high subjectivity, though)
Apex Launcher helps you create a customized homescreen experience on your Android (4.0+) device. "Fantastic app that has the potential to give your phone a complete makeover. I highly recommend it." - MakeUseOf
"Even after a lot of customization, Apex Launcher feels super fast." - Pocket Now
"We must say it is as smooth as butter." - Droid Life
Five Best Android Launchers - Lifehacker
The 25 Tastiest Apps for Ice Cream Sandwich - PCMag
Must-have apps for the Nexus 7 - ZDNet
• Customizable homescreen grid size and up to 9 homescreens
• Scrollable dock with up to 7 icons per page and up to 5 pages
• Infinite & elastic scrolling (homescreen, drawer and dock)
• Fancy transition effects (tablet, cube, etc.)
• Hide elements as you want (persistent search bar, status bar, or even the dock)
• Customizable icons and labels for shortcuts and folders
• Choose different folder preview styles and background
• Multiple drawer styles (transparent/opaque, horizontal/vertical, paginated/continuous)
• Drawer apps sorting (title, install date, mostly used)
• Hide apps from the drawer
• Lock your desktop to prevent accidental changes
• Enjoy homescreen gestures (pinch, swipe up/down, double tap)
• Advanced theme engine (icon packs, skins, etc.)
• Backup/restore settings and data
• Optimized for both phones and tablets
• Lots of other customization options!
Apex Launcher Pro (Paid Version) Features:
• Powerful drawer customizations (unlimited drawer tabs, folders in drawer)
• Unread count notifications (provided by the free Apex Notifier extension)
• Dock swipe actions (swipe up and down actions)
• More gesture options (two-finger gestures)
• Additional transition effects (accordion, cross, etc.)
• Flexible theme options (ADW, LauncherPro, Go Launcher themes)
• Enhanced folder support (batch add, merge folders)
• Advanced widget options (widgets in dock, overlapping widgets)
• More features on the way!
• Pinch the screen to access screen previews (like Exposé or HTC Sense).
• Long press an icon to drag and drop it over another one to create a folder.
• Long press icons/folders on the desktop and choose edit from the popup menu to customize icons and labels.
• Drag, hover, and drop app icons over the delete button at the top of the screen to quickly uninstall apps.
• Long press an app in the hide apps list to quickly launch that app.
• Switch to single screen wallpaper mode to fix wallpaper zooming issues.
• Enable the Root Helper in advanced settings (root required, Android 4.0 only) to add widgets from the drawer.
• Access widget data: Only used to create and display widgets on the homescreen. (Android 4.1+ only)
• Application information: Used to display warnings when other launchers are running.
• Control vibration/Status Bar/Wallpaper: Standard launcher functions.
• Network communication: Used for anonymous usage/error reporting (optional).
• Phone calls: Used when you create direct-dial shortcuts on the homescreen.
• Storage: Used to backup/restore settings and desktop data.
• Superuser: Required to add widgets from the drawer (Android 4.0 only).
Love Apex Launcher? Rate us on Google Play. We’re always trying to make Apex Launcher better. If you have questions or suggestions, please share them with us!