Platforms Unlimited is a procedural, minimalistic, zen, madly hard one-button endless platformer! Uninventing the genre to extirpate its core. An arcade game like in the old times when simplicity, fun and challenge ruled. This is a premium app without ads or IAP.
---- Mentions by the Press----
- Announced on Android Police, Android and Me, DroidGamers and AndroidShock
- SuperGameDroid "it’s addictive yet challenging gameplay make Platforms Unlimited a must play"
- Cult of Mac, 4/5 “What [Platforms Unlimited] is … is addictive.”
- Touch Arcade, 4/5 “An endless supply of constantly evolving environments, coupled with finely tuned jumping, will keep you coming back for a long time”
- 148Apps 4.5/5 “Platforms Unlimited takes the formula of The Impossible Game and similar titles: geometric shapes thrust into platforming environments filled with adversity. This game’s twist? Procedurally-generated levels. This immense variety serves as the core of an incredibly well-made game.”
- iPlayApps.de, “This challenging arcade platformer pulled us into its spell ...”
- Covered at the 148Apps Live Show
- Pocket Gamer 4/5 “Deft controls and smart random level generation lead to one of the freshest endless-runners in some time”
- AppsZoom 3.5/5 “Eat my minimalist shorts, Flappy Bird”
- Minimalistic: Touch the screen to jump, touch longer to jump farther.
- Avoid red enemies.
- The score increases by 1 every second.
- Collect coins for a bonus of 4 score points. Also used for rewards.
- Collect power-ups for gameplay bonuses.
- The difficulty lies in the required jumping precision and the analysis of procedural levels to find a way through.
- The sound effects on landing are characterized by the level, which helps on memorization.
This results in a game far from being impossible but very challenging. Once the learning curve passed, sky is the limit!
- Procedural endless levels: every game feels different (unlike games like Flabby birds).
- Dailies: beat 3 new 'fixed' levels every day.
- Missions system: complete up to 3 missions in a game for coins rewards.
- Power-ups and trails upgrades: use your rewards to unlock and upgrade power-ups or to change the look of your trail.
- Armageddon mode. No power-up. Coins don't give score bonuses. How long can you survive?
- Google Game Service: leaderboard and achievements