PancakeSlaughter: provides a great number of nicely laid-out remotes for important pc media applications - like VLC or Youtube - but also for core system functionality, like Monitor On\Off, PC On\Off\Hibernate\Restart, File Manager and Task Manager. Perfect when you hook up your pc to the big screen and need a remote, but also when you are lazy and don't feel like getting out of bed to turn off your pc for the night.
Reviewed in Some great apps you may not know. Yet.
I have no idea why I didn't try any PC control app till this day - Unified Remote is a gem when it comes to controlling Windows, Mac or Linux machine from distance. You must have server enabled on computer and be on the same wifi network or use Bluetooth. Mouse control (no lag whatsoever), keyboard, file manager, media controls, ability to start apps from start menu folder, task manager and preconfigured controls for some programms - all this in free version. Full version comes with additional functionality (screen mirroring, 40+ remotes, ability to create custom remotes and bunch of other stuff). WARNING: make sure to enable password protection since any android device gains access to computer immediately without any confirmation thus ability to see every file with file manager. Encryption enabled is also recommended. I would also turn off server broadcasting after configuring remote access.
The one-and-only remote control app for your computer. Turns your device into a WiFi or Bluetooth universal remote control for Windows PC, Mac and Linux. Be lazy, you deserve it! Preloaded with support for 90+ programs including moue & keyboard, media players, presentations, screen mirroring, power control, file manager, terminal, and much more. Server: https://www.unifiedremote.com
“Fantastic tool for those of you who want to have a remote control for their computer for watching TV, or maybe for listening to music.” – Gizmodo
• Easy server and app setup, that just works.
• Automatic server detection to easily find servers on your network.
• Server password protection and encryption for added security.
• Supports single and multi-touch mouse control.
• Wake On LAN to easily start your server.
• Includes light and dark color themes.
• Server is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
• Control other devices including Raspberry Pi and Arduino Yún.
• 18 free remotes
Full Version Features
• 90+ remotes
• Floating Remotes (use remotes over other apps)
• Custom Remotes
• Widgets & Quick Actions
• Voice commands
• Custom remotes
• IR actions
• NFC actions
• Android Wear (Quick Actions, Voice & Mouse)
• No upgrade hints
Mouse, Keyboard, Screen, Volume, and more.
Spotify, iTunes, Google Music, Winamp, etc.
VLC, BSPlayer, Windows Media Player, PotPlayer, etc.
Kodi (XBMC), Plex, Windows Media Center, Boxee, etc.
YouTube, Netflix, Hulu
PowerPoint, Keynote, Google Presentation
Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera
Power, Monitor, Files, Task Manager, Commands, etc.
Note that some remotes are not available for all operating systems.
• read phone status: for auto-pause when receiving calls.
• control NFC: for NFC actions.
• full network access: for server connection.
• view network connections: for server connection.
• view Wi-Fi connections: for server connection.
• pair with Bluetooth devices: for server connection.
• control vibration: for optional haptic feedback.
• prevent phone from sleeping: for optional wake-lock.
• transmit infrared: for IR remote control.
• install shortcuts: for launcher shortcuts.