Reviewed in The best Apps and Games - Daily Update
For all lovers of Room Escape-games Fireproof Games has programmed a wonderful 3D-puzzler, which apart through his own unique style from the kompetitiven! Controls, graphics, story and gameplay are on a very high level! P.S.: A second-version is already ready for download, which is also optimized for tablets, like the previous-part!
Reviewed in Point and click adventures
The Room doesn’t sound like much on paper. In a way, it’s a riff on the classic one-room adventure game motif, but where those games largely centered on getting out of the room, this one puts the focus on getting into a mysterious box in the room’s center. Truly, “The Box” might have been a more appropriate title, as it’s the only thing you’ll interact with in the entire game.
Kinda old game but still one of top in playstore, find your way to the deepest place of a mysterious box you will see, slide the screen to move your camera and find items and tools to open new places, solve a lot of puzzles, no way to lose thanks to clues, amazing game for those who like to feel like a detective and train the brain, I bet this game and I have to say one of the best
Reviewed in Games you probably don't know (paid and free)
A bit late but this deserves to be here. Beautiful room escape type game with that genre's characteristic mechanics where you actually don't escape from imprisonment, you rather try to unravel the mysteries of ingeniously crafted storage boxes. Some really creative puzzles here. The Room doesn't feel cheap (except the price at 0.99), it's pretty from the outside as well from inside. It has a wonderful theme song and it's REALLY pretty, did I mention that? P.S. A little heads up. There's a part in stage two where you have to use accelerometer, couldn't figure that out for some time and got stuck there way too long than I should
Welcome to The Room, a physical puzzler, wrapped in a mystery game, inside a beautifully tactile 3D world. *****************
Praise for The Room:
• Eurogamer “...resist hurrying and savour every sliding panel and twist of a dial. The Room is the cave of mysteries from everyone's childhood; a perfect encapsulation of the fear and pleasure of discovery."
• Gametrailers “The touchscreen controls really shine. A must play” Penny Arcade “This isn’t a title that is hindered by touch controls as much as its set free by them"
• Arcade Sushi "I couldn’t stop playing this fascinating brain teaser...beautifully crafted"
• Indie Game Magazine "Fireproof Games has hit a home run"
• Pocket Gamer “More suspense than a thousand bullet-riddled shooters"
• Game Informer “Excellently produced, clever puzzles and spine-tingling music"
• Jaysisgames "The immersion overrides any sense of your surroundings beyond the box" "The Room is eye candy for the mind."
• IGN “The most realistically rendered objects in a mobile title to date.”
How are you, old friend? If you’re reading this, then it worked. I only hope you can still forgive me.
We’ve never seen eye to eye on my research, but you must put such things behind you. You are the only one to whom I can turn. You must come at once, for we are all in great peril. I trust you remember the house? My study is the highest room.
Press forward with heart. There is no way back now.
Fireproof Games are very proud to bring you our greatest creation, a mind-bending journey filled with beauty, peril and mystery in equal measure. Be transported into a unique space that blends spellbinding visuals with intriguing problems to solve.
• Unsettlingly realistic graphics: The most natural looking visuals ever seen on a mobile device.
• Spine-tingling single finger controls: touch controls so natural you can play with one digit, to fully navigate this mysteriously beautiful 3D world.
• Fantastical pick-up-and-play design: Easy to start, hard to put down, the secrets of The Room will immerse you before you even know you're playing.
• Compelling layers of mystery: think you know what you're looking at? Think again.